Any issues with the CX-30?

:
Mazda, 2016 CX-9 Signature
I have a 2016 CX-9 Sig and love it. Has anyone experienced any issues with their CX-30? I am looking at picking up either the 2021 premium or the new turbo when it comes out.

Antoine

Administrator
Good question...You might want to check the other threads in our CX-30 Forum. I believe the CX-30 has been in production since 2019 giving Mazda a few years to iron out initial issues. That said, more searching has surfaced a couple recalls involving brakes for the 2020 CX-30 and a potential fuel leak for the all-wheel drive 2020 CX-30.

For any 2020 CX-30 Owners reading this, you might want to check out Mazda's recall site for more info...

You're looking at a 2021 so these recalls should no longer be an issue.

:
Gibsonia, PA USA
:
Mazda CX-30
The major non-obvious issues that people have sometimes complained about are:

• The transmission is a bit jumpy at low speeds
  • The air conditioner doesn't get super-cold
  • Some people find the seats hard
  • The factory tires are so-so

I bought a Mazda Cx-30 2020 at the end of June 2020, after I sold my 2011 Mazda 3.

So what can I say:

Pros of the car:

Bright, expressive exterior and interior design. Excellent handling. Good soundproofing of the cabin.

Cons of the car:

Problems with the build quality of the cabin The cabin is cramped inside, in comparison with competitors. Fuel consumption in the city is relatively high for a so-called hybrid engine. "Jerking" of the gearbox when the 1st and 2nd gears are turned on.

My little experience of owning the CX-30 suggests that the price for it is clearly overpriced; if I were an importer, I would think about the pricing policy. For the same money, you can buy a CX-5 in a simpler configuration.

Antoine

Administrator
I bought a Mazda Cx-30 2020 at the end of June 2020, after I sold my 2011 Mazda 3.

So what can I say:

Pros of the car:

Bright, expressive exterior and interior design. Excellent handling. Good soundproofing of the cabin.

Cons of the car:

Problems with the build quality of the cabin The cabin is cramped inside, in comparison with competitors. Fuel consumption in the city is relatively high for a so-called hybrid engine. "Jerking" of the gearbox when the 1st and 2nd gears are turned on.

My little experience of owning the CX-30 suggests that the price for it is clearly overpriced; if I were an importer, I would think about the pricing policy. For the same money, you can buy a CX-5 in a simpler configuration.
Thanks for the input and welcome, @thunder01

Perhaps some of those issues are early model/run related, although you would hope that they sort out as much as possible before going into full production. That said, it seems not an uncommon issue with a lot of manufactured products.