Annoyed - Dealership Service!

The service manual says when cool it should be between L and F, if below L, add coolant. I would add coolant until it reaches "full". There's a significant amount of volume in the tank above the L line, probably greater than the volume betwen L and F. So even if there is that much difference between cold and hot, It shouldn't be an overflow risk.

1610994559288.png

Attachments

• 1610994437238.png
    1610994437238.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 106
The service manual says when cool it should be between L and F, if below L, add coolant. I would add coolant until it reaches "full".
Like topping off the engine oil to bring the level to MAX, the owner’s manual says:

“If it is at or near L, add enough coolant to the coolant reservoir to provide freezing and corrosion protection and to bring the level to F.

64C84B3D-44C6-46B3-9893-B961CE7FC246.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered some coolant and stopped by Mazda today. I watched the tech pour in OEM Mazda Coolant FL22. All is good now, and I’ll have a jug to top off in the future!

You ordered the FL22 and then went to the dealership to have the tech pour it into the reservoir for you?

You ordered the FL22 and then went to the dealership to have the tech pour it into the reservoir for you?

I think @Jman136 ordered a jug of Mazda FL22 online, then drove back to the shop to get the coolant topped off (like they should have done in the first place). When the jug Jman136 ordered is delivered, he'll have it on hand in case he ever needs to top off coolant in the future.

I will order some coolant online. Thanks, guys!

I ordered some coolant and stopped by Mazda today. I watched the tech pour in OEM Mazda Coolant FL22. All is good now, and I’ll have a jug to top off in the future!

That's not what he said.

That's what I read. But you're right. I suppose that there are two ways to take what was said...

One, he ordered a jug and took the jug to the dealership to have the tech top off the reservoir using the OP's jug.

Two, he ordered the jug, but it hasn't arrived yet. He then went to the dealership to have the tech top off the reservoir using the dealership's jug.

That's what I read. But you're right. I suppose that there are two ways to take what was said...

One, he ordered a jug and took the jug to the dealership to have the tech top off the reservoir using the OP's jug.

Two, he ordered the jug, but it hasn't arrived yet. He then went to the dealership to have the tech top off the reservoir using the dealership's jug.
You're right, there were two ways to read that, but he did use the phrase, "ordered some coolant and stopped by Mazda today" which made me believe your second option is what he meant. I doubt he could have ordered and received the coolant on the same day, but anything is possible.

You're right, there were two ways to read that, but he did use the phrase, "ordered some coolant and stopped by Mazda today" which made me believe your second option is what he meant. I doubt he could have ordered and received the coolant on the same day, but anything is possible.

Check the dates of his posts. One was made on Sunday one on Monday.

You're right though, it's HIGHLY unlikely that he ordered the coolant on Sunday and had it in his hands on Monday when he went to the dealer...

Back