All-new Crossover Confirmed

In today’s news release from Mazda Canada regarding discontinuing the Mazda6 they mentioned that an new crossover is coming soon.

Mazda will grow the crossover lineup with its first battery electric vehicle, the MX-30, and an upcoming all-new crossover to be produced in the U.S.

Thanks for the heads up @hoodlum...Wow, lots of Mazda news out now...Hmm, "...to be produced in the U.S.". Is this related to the "Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA" plant in Huntsville, Alabama?

It's interesting that Car & Driver reported that CX-3 will be dropped whereas this press report says it will be maintained in Canada. C&D may be referring to the US market. The more economical CX-3 may have more appeal in Canada with higher gas prices.

Here’s Kirk Kreifels’ take on the CX-50.

Spoiler- he teases it will likely have a RAV4 hybrid system! Color me re-interested in the CX-50.
The guy does not really have any clues in general, its just guesses and imo not the right ones. That's just click bait videos.

The guy does not really have any clues in general, its just guesses and imo not the right ones. That's just click bait videos.
Is this guy clueless too? He confirms from Mazda sources use of a Toyota hybrid power train as Kirk suggested (and your dismissed.)

If they offer a PHEV like the RAV4 Prime (speculation at this time), I’d consider that in a CX-50 rather than a CX-70, whose in-line 6 iand likely larger interior are more interesting to me than a 2.5T.

From MazdaUSA's news release..

" In the coming years, the CX-50 will also be offered with electrified powertrains, including a traditional hybrid model. More information about our electrified models will be shared at a later date."

Is this guy clueless too? He confirms from Mazda sources use of a Toyota hybrid power train as Kirk suggested (and your dismissed.)

If they offer a PHEV like the RAV4 Prime (speculation at this time), I’d consider that in a CX-50 rather than a CX-70, whose in-line 6 iand likely larger interior are more interesting to me than a 2.5T.
Ha HA, are these brothers ? KK and CC ? Similar way of doing video ( video templates, etc) Yes, that's another clickbait video from a guy that has 1200 subscribers. lol.

When I replied above, it wasn't about the hybrid tech, everybody knew that it will use Toyota's technology.

Back