Chrome delete and wheels black gloss paint on 2019 CX-9

I have the car in shop for all around chrome delete with gloss black 3M and Wheels paint in gloss black as well. Super excited to see the end result. Will upload pictures later on today after picking it up.
CB9CB7EB-DA48-49E2-ABB8-2C5059556BDB.jpeg
5450713A-9F9D-4513-9C18-FC48E1BF5A3E.jpeg
680C9CED-027B-48F0-A024-070E053329DA.jpeg
1DD399D1-F219-496E-A8D5-1EDFC9AC7BA3.jpeg

Attachments

• 245FD3D3-8CD0-4B15-BE6A-8637076CF1EE.jpeg
    245FD3D3-8CD0-4B15-BE6A-8637076CF1EE.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1,709
Last edited:
I have the car in shop for all around chrome delete with gloss black 3M and Wheels paint in gloss black as well. Super excited to see the end result. Will upload pictures later on today after picking it up.

Nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Did you get it painted or wrapped? Asking b/c I recently used Superwrap spray and am happy with the finish but not how easy it was to peel off.

looks great and a great preview of what it might look like on my white CX-5. how are you going to do your roof rails....wrap? I'm wondering if this will cause issues when putting on crossbars and whether i should get them powder coated before installing...

Did you get it painted or wrapped? Asking b/c I recently used Superwrap spray and am happy with the finish but not how easy it was to peel off.

did you use superwrap on wheels or chrome body? i'm thinking of going this route. i tried plastidip and while it holds up well, i don't like the feel of it.

did you use superwrap on wheels or chrome body? i'm thinking of going this route. i tried plastidip and while it holds up well, i don't like the feel of it.
So I used Superwrap on the rear chrome accents. I used the gloss black and added the frozen/matte on top. I like the colour and look but I wasn’t happy with how easy some of it peeled off when I was taking off the tape. I was as careful as I could be but in hind sight, I coulda done a few things different to be more careful. I’ve only had it on for a few weeks so can speak to how it holds up long term but I think it looks much better than plasti dip

looks great and a great preview of what it might look like on my white CX-5. how are you going to do your roof rails....wrap? I'm wondering if this will cause issues when putting on crossbars and whether i should get them powder coated before installing...
I am not planning on putting cross bars, just wrap it in 3M gloss.

I might have to go the Carbon edition route then

It was pointed out to me that the Carbon edition grille on the CX-9 does not have the blacked out chrome trim. The only part that's blacked out are the horizontal bars on the inner part of the grille.

@todojelev That's nice looking. I'm thinking of blacking out the grill and wheels, too, on my white CX-9. How much did it cost to plasti-dip the grill and paint the wheels?

Would you mind uploading a couple more photos of the grill straight on and a little bit further away from the car, and also a direct side profile pic?

Back