All 2017 GS model grounded?

irislf

:
mazda3
anybody heard about this or experienced this?
500_wKjByFkzX4SABym1AAG3bsnyBY8725.jpg

Well:

1. We need to know what option AA00 is (scratch)
  2. I doubt all of them are grounded, only those with option AA00

Well:

1. We need to know what option AA00 is (scratch)
  2. Not all of them are grounded, only those with option AA00

Yah, I wonder what optin AA00 is too...In Canada, only AWD GS model has optional package...but the issue seems to be on FWD GS as well...*confused*

Found it!

6AT FWD 2.5L I4 NVSL87 AA00
6AT AWD 2.5L I4 NXSL87 AA00
6AT AWD 2.5L I4 Comfort Package NXSL87 AC00
6AT AWD 2.5L I4 Comfort & i-ACTIVSENSE Packages NXSL87 AD00

so basically, all GS model without packages are grounded now...

Yah, I wonder what optin AA00 is too...In Canada, only AWD GS model has optional package...but the issue seems to be on FWD GS as well...*confused*

Found some info:

Capture.jpg

Looks like it means base model with no options (AA00 is stock car)

I'm the first to bag on something that goes wrong, but this strikes me as a minor issue where another ground needs placing, or something like that. I wouldn't sweat it.

I'm the first to bag on something that goes wrong, but this strikes me as a minor issue where another ground needs placing, or something like that. I wouldn't sweat it.
Being extra careful this early on is a good thing

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

And mine hasn't arrived yet. I dunno what the package means. I just hope that they fix mine before it arrives here in the Philippines.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

And mine hasn't arrived yet. I dunno what the package means. I just hope that they fix mine before it arrives here in the Philippines.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk
This may only apply to the GS model in Canada and not yours

This may only apply to the GS model in Canada and not yours

Assuming that this is indeed legit....... it all seems a bit vague??

No signature on document ......

No identification of who to contact for info or even author's name .......

Header just uses Mazda logo - no country details .......

What appears to be Chinese characters bottom rhs of scam... errrr I mean scan image ......

And why would the base version, with no fitted options, be the only one affected?? Surely not!

But I am just a skeptic. And I smell a rat.

Last edited:
Assuming that this is indeed legit....... it all seems a bit vague??

No signature on document ......

No identification of who to contact for info or even author's name .......

Header just uses Mazda logo - no country details .......

What appears to be Chinese characters bottom rhs of scam... errrr I mean scan image ......

And why would the base version, with no fitted options, be the only one affected?? Surely not!

But I am just a skeptic. And I smell a rat.
We will find out soon enough if this becomes more widespread

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just talked to the sales guy who sold me the GT and confirm this is legit...but only applies to the base GS model..He told me Mazda has already put in a solution (did not ask what though)

Base model

GX is base model here, in FWD or AWD. In absolute base form you can get the 2.0 + stick shift.
GS is the next step up in FWD (no option packages) or AWD (2 option packages available)
Then there's GT which has only 1 option package.

I don't think many GX will sell. Meat and potatoes of sales will be base GS or GT. We waited 3 weeks for them to source our GS with the 2 option packages. Without the packages we could've had one in a matter of days - they were everywhere.

What's interesting is why only Canadian GS vs US Touring. Could be something with software related to slightly different hardware alignments between the two.

Last edited:
Back