Alarm Sound when Replacing Stereo (2015 CX-9 w/ Bose)

Zapco ST-5B

I tried removing the fuse, disconnecting the battery, reset the unit, multiple different combinations of starting up the car in different positions (ACC, ON, START), tried a voltage reducer, tried a different supply to the amp trigger, rewired bits of the harness (my nice AERPRO harness now looks like a frankenstein mess). All the audio techs I had look at it found it very interesting lol, but none could help. A couple suggested trying a different harness (before I pointed out that there are multiple forums with people having the same issue with other harnesses). It was actually my idea to replace the amp, and a few of the techs were doubtful it would work, so it was a gamble spending that much, but I'm very glad I did.
Zapco makes outstanding equipment. You chose well.

I FIXED this problem.

I recently was installing an Alpine ILX-507 and Maestro RR device to retain the Bose and the steering wheels controls. The Maestro is a CAN bus <> iDataLink converter that talks to the car and to the radio translating the messages.

When connecting the battery after wiring up all the devices, the amplifier would beep (1 sec on, 1 sec off) loudly. Putting on ON vs. ACC didn't solve that.
Then, I flashed the Maestro RR module to v.1.1 as opposed to the latest 1.6 version, and as a result the system operated correctly.
When I plugged it in and connected the battery, the car did beep 4 times on ACC but that was it. Now it works fine.

Thanks to the Crutchfield tech who suggested trying older versions of the Maestro firmware.

Last edited:
Wow interesting I ended up removing everything but your post makes want to retry.

So you just flashed an old firmware? Mind explaining please

I FIXED this problem.

I recently was installing an Alpine ILX-507 and Maestro RR device to retain the Bose and the steering wheels controls. The Maestro is a CAN bus <> iDataLink converter that talks to the car and to the radio translating the messages.

When connecting the battery after wiring up all the devices, the amplifier would beep (1 sec on, 1 sec off) loudly. Putting on ON vs. ACC didn't solve that.
Then, I flashed the Maestro RR module to v.1.1 as opposed to the latest 1.6 version, and as a result the system operated correctly.
When I plugged it in and connected the battery, the car did beep 4 times on ACC but that was it. Now it works fine.

Thanks to the Crutchfield tech who suggested trying older versions of the Maestro firmware.
ROCK ON!! HELL YEAH!

Crutchfield is amazing. Glad you got the correct advice.

Wow interesting I ended up removing everything but your post makes want to retry.

So you just flashed an old firmware? Mind explaining please
You have to flash the Maestro using the Maestro desktop app to configure your RR... when you get to the last screen, where it says "Maestro firmware version ..." , there is a little blue link "other options / versions" ... click that, it will expand the older versions available. I picked the oldest one... not sure which one is the most recent that works, only tried 1.0 and 1.1 and both worked. By the way, my CX-9 is a late 2013 but probably it's the same issue.

Last edited:
I have a Maestro RR in both my MZ5 and my CX-5. I can't recommend one highly enough.

I use a Kenwood Excelon DDX-8706S in both cars.

BTW I got this email from the Maestro development team "Hi Giovanni, we are aware of this issue at the moment and working on it, if you'd like to call in we have a beta firmware we can send you to try" so that's another option to try.

Will try some weekend reinstalling everything and flashing the older firmware. Just wondering if there are any other issues present since its a very old version.

Back