Air conditioner calibration?

Just bought a brand new 2020 Mazda3 Astina grade (in Australia, not sure what other global equivalents are but it’s the top spec here).

Originally from the northern hemisphere, so I don’t tolerate heat well. It was 40°C today and my 2018 Kia sportage had no issues after about 5min and the cabin was super comfortable. The Mazda took ages but still not nearly as cool as the Kia. Both cars were set to “Low” for temp.

I also noticed a few days ago when picking it up, normal weather (25°C) when I set the climate control to 21-22, it went full blast with the fans. When I put it up to 25 it slowed down to about 2-3 bars.

I've never owned a car where I’ve had to set climate control that high. Is there a calibration issue? The fans on full blast at anything less than 25 make the inside of the cabin very unpleasant and noisy.

Not sure what cold weather is going to be like but I can handle more cold than the average Australian given my background so I’m not as concerned.

Just bought a brand new 2020 Mazda3 Astina grade (in Australia, not sure what other global equivalents are but it’s the top spec here).

Originally from the northern hemisphere, so I don’t tolerate heat well. It was 40°C today and my 2018 Kia sportage had no issues after about 5min and the cabin was super comfortable. The Mazda took ages but still not nearly as cool as the Kia. Both cars were set to “Low” for temp.

I also noticed a few days ago when picking it up, normal weather (25°C) when I set the climate control to 21-22, it went full blast with the fans. When I put it up to 25 it slowed down to about 2-3 bars.

I've never owned a car where I’ve had to set climate control that high. Is there a calibration issue? The fans on full blast at anything less than 25 make the inside of the cabin very unpleasant and noisy.

Not sure what cold weather is going to be like but I can handle more cold than the average Australian given my background so I’m not as concerned.
Have you checked for recalls? I would contact your dealer as my aircon is fine, had it on 23 degrees celsius nearly 30 degrees outside it was blowing cold air. In fact it was getting a bit too cold close to the vents according to the Mrs. I have the same model, picked it up today! Soul Red Crystal. Sedan.

Upvote 0

Also check to make sure the air recirculation mode is set to “return” or circulate within cabin and not take fresh air from outside. Sometimes the auto climate control can go into fresh air intake when temp is set to 22deg...

Upvote 0
Back