AIO Tweak Installation Question

Hi,

I have a 2018 CX-5 and I’m looking to install the AIO tweaks to work with my iPhone. It’s currently on 5.5 FW and next week I’ll be installing AA/CP so they’ll update to 7.0 FW.

If I install the mods before they upgrade the FW will the AIO still be there? I’m trying to avoid taking it apart and using a serial connection to install. I know the 5.5 FW you can create a USB to install, is that correct?

Thanks

I don’t think AIO protects/preserves from updates to FW 70+.

Luckily it isn’t difficult to get to the CMU on a cx-5. Just some trim removal and a few bolts.

Would it void any warranties if I install the AIO tweaks before it gets serviced for CarPlay?

I’d prefer not have to take any trims off because I don’t have a socket wrench or an extender :(. Would it be safe to install the AIO via USB drive?

Aio would void the headunit warranty if something is to happen with it. The risk is on you.

Why do you need it anyway if you are getting official Aa/carplay?

Would it void any warranties if I install the AIO tweaks before it gets serviced for CarPlay?

I’d prefer not have to take any trims off because I don’t have a socket wrench or an extender :(. Would it be safe to install the AIO via USB drive?
If you have to re-install it again after the firmware is updated, then you may as well wait, no?

The trim is all clipped in place, so no tools needed. There are 2 (or maybe 4 - I forget) bolts that hold the radio unit in place that you'll have to remove. Go buy a cheap small socket set from Harbor Freight or somewhere. Probably $10-$15. You can even just get a screwdriver handle type for this job - don't even need a ratchet handle.

Hi...I have a Mazda Demio / Mazda2. I updated it to...

Firmware 70.00.367A​

Can I install Aio or will I destroy everything? If I can, how can I do it?

Back