Advice on new brake calipers? (2008 GT FWD)

Well, this is the first "real" problem affecting driving the car, since it was built, in 2008. 103k miles and 12 years. Pretty good.
Noticed a burning smell last night after pulling into garage. RF wheel was hot to touch.
I suspect it is the caliper. (So much for trying to sell the car, looks like up she goes on jack stands for awhile)
Looking at caliper options, I am seeing Callahan reman, Raybestos reman, Centric reman, and actually found a few big brake kits with 6 pot calipers, albeit expensive.
Gotta pull the wheel and examine the caliper/rotor and confirm its the caliper before ordering. Could be the hub/bearing but unlikely as it likely would have been making a horrible noise if it was failing.
Can anyone recommend which front calipers to buy/feedback on which ones anyone has bought?

Thanks in advance
IMG_6592.JPG

Check the caliper slide pins. If one is seized/dirty/sticking, you can easily replace it or clean and lube the old one.

As for calipers, any name brand caliper will be fine.

As a follow up, the right front caliper pistons were sticking, thankfully the problem was not the hub/bearing. Ordered NAPA "coated" "Total Eclipse" calipers. They arrived and are very poor quality. Appears they are Cardone reman calipers with black spray paint. The paint is already chipping off all over the place exposing the bare iron sand blasted surfaces which will immediately rust. Additionally, the pistons have been sanded down and re-used, and are heavily pitted and have slight rust already, before even putting them on car. The outer seals feel really thin and inferior. Napa No-Go. I am returning them and found new oem calipers (which btw are zinc plated) for 155 a piece from a Mazda dealer in Brunswick, Ohio. Trying to get all these parts before the virus knocks shippers out of the equation too!

Job completed last weekend. Napa brake hoses, new oem calipers, duralast gold pads, auto zone boot kit, Sil-Glyde grease, Napa rotors, Lucas brake fluid. I brushed/cleaned/sanded the brackets and painted with caliper paint. Greased the rear pins too, bled all 4. Turned out great. Smooth!
0320202107.jpg
0321201626.jpg

Back