Adding an amp to factory non Bose system

:
19 cx5 09 cx9
So recently purchased a set of focal components to throw in my 2019 cx-5. Had a few questions. Does the pac audio aoem-maz2 work in this car not trying to splice up wires in it. Also what have people done to mount tweeters in the a pillars? I’ve tried test fitting the focal tweeters both behind the tweeter grill and surface mounting them neither works well. I also tried some larger kenwood Xr tweeters i had laying around and they didn’t work either. I plan to install this active and wanting to get all my info before i dive into it. Thank you

I don't know about the 2nd gen CX-5, but it does work on the first gen.

I've used that exact harness in my old MZ3 in the past, and it's superb.

@Acampbell128 give this thread a look:

and tapping the correct wires:

my tweeters mounted in the factory locations (Digital Design)

Was able to get the tweeters to fit behind the oem grills with a little bit of trimming and hot glue. Still not sure on the pac audio yet. I’ve ordered one on Amazon and will confirm tomorrow if it works or not. Everything I’ve read on the changes pertains the Bose system and not the 6 speaker setup.

I have an issue where there is no audio, the only thing ive done was unplug and replug in the TAU, checked fuses they are all good and factory reset the unit through the touch screen. still no dice any other suggestions, really dont want to throw $200 towards a new tau if there is something stupid easy to fix.

Back