Add on metal sport pedals

:
1987 nissan 200sx sev6/ 2013 mazda 5 sport 6mt
Anyone have these installed?

I bought these and when i was about to install them i noticed the gas pedal doesnt have a rubber piece that goes over the gas pedal unlike the brake and clutch which has that rubber piece. I went to the dealer and they said that all mazdas are like that. I would really want to put them on but i dont want to drill on the metal part of the pedal. I would rather drill on the rubber piece. Any suggestion would be great

When I saw that you had to drill through the pedals, that what turned me off to them, still wouldn't't mind having a proper dead pedal though.

I had a set but never got to install them before selling the car. It a great way to get a dead pedal and have little a leeway to rise the arc of the gas pedal. At least one member here has these installed.

Did you buy yours from the dealer? I bought them off ebay for pretty cheap. The ebay set came with rubber pieces for all 4 pedals. IIRC, drilling shouldnt be an issue since you should remove the OE rubber covers, which you can put back on to cover said drilled holes if/when you take them off.

Not sure if your set is OEM but the ebay set, while looking nice and pretty when new, I dont think will wear well. The rubber nipples seem like they will wear quickly and the metal that it is constructed does not appear it will endure well. Of course, these are just observations without actually using them.

i noticed the gas pedal doesnt have a rubber piece that goes over the gas pedal unlike the brake and clutch which has that rubber piece. I went to the dealer and they said that all mazdas are like that.

I thought that somehow mine came off and I didn't notice. Weird.

I dont think theyre oem since on the label its for all mazda models lol and when i tried test fitting them the whole pedal isnt covered its still showing. Hey sac can you show me a link on that member that has them installed? Ive been browsing the forums and i cant find it and also any info on the oem ones your talkjmg about cuz i didnt find them on ebay

The set I bought off ebay was also listed as universal. I think it was VenomDesign that brought these to my attention. He said he has them installed but I don’t recall if I came across a pic or not. Go through his thread and check or try looking up Mz3 pedal installs. The official OEM MS3 metal pedal are NOT removable covers. They come as one individual unit (clutch, brake, gas). The MS3 gas pedal has a higher arc (tuned, lol?) for sportier driving intentions. IMO, it is a worthy upgrade for manual owners.

http://www.mazda3 forums.com/showthread.php?t=346566
PLEASE NOTE: THE MAZDA3 AND MAZDASPEED3 ACCELERATOR PEDAL ASSEMBLIES ARE DIFFERENT!
the link to the pic is dead but there was a nice comparison of the two gas pedal assemblies illustrating their different curve angles.

Can a manual owner confirm: Do manual owner’s gas pedal hang down whereas the auto’s gas pedal comes up from the floor. I don’t recall the manual and I though the auto was coming out of the floorboard.

Pretty sure the 5MT comes down from above. Sure I would have noticed if it was different, since it would be the very 1st time I have ever seen a pedal come off the floor.

Here are the part numbers for the Mazdaspeed3 brake and clutch pedal cover part numbers:
F161-43-028 $43.25
F157-43-028 $43.25

The real killer is the price for the whole pedal assembly. It comes with the aluminum pedal cover.
This is the information Jason from OnlineMazdaParts.com sent me
Part# BA6R41600B MSRP $576.55 Website $449.62

Total: $536.12 if you were to buy everything from OnlineMazdaParts.com

Here are the part numbers for the Mazdaspeed3 brake and clutch pedal cover part numbers:
F161-43-028 $43.25
F157-43-028 $43.25

The real killer is the price for the whole pedal assembly. It comes with the aluminum pedal cover.
This is the information Jason from OnlineMazdaParts.com sent me
Part# BA6R41600B MSRP $576.55 Website $449.62

Total: $536.12 if you were to buy everything from OnlineMazdaParts.com
Pre-owned (Junkyard/ebay) for the win! :)

Last edited:
Damn i got to save up if i want that set up. Thanks for the links. Im new to mazdas in general and this forum is helping out alot. Thanks again everyone!

Today, I looked at my pedals up close.

The gas pedal is made of plastic. Plastic. The whole thing! The two other pedals (brake and clutch) are made of metal with the traditional rubber cover. But the gas pedal is made of plastic! It was a WTF moment.

Looking for replacement pedals right now... I may order those from Ebay...

Quick question - are the pedals the same size and shape for the current generation (2012 +) and the previous generation??

Latest posts

Back