Acceleration jerk from stop

Hey guys, just got my ‘19 Signature and very happy with it so far.
When I’m at a stop and then accelerate, there’s a slight jerk/hesitation I can feel. Best way to describe it is accelerating from a stop with the auto hold feature on. Now the ‘19 didn’t come with auto hold so I know it’s not that. Is this normal for our vehicle? If so, why does this happen?

My 2018 GT doesn't do that, it rolls smoothly from a stop. I am not sure what this could be. The CX-9 may not have auto hold but it does have hill assist. But the hill assist should only activate when you are stopped at an angle. If this happens when you are on flat ground than it is strange and I don't think it is normal behaviour. The only other time when a similar feeling happens on my CX-9 is if I drive away without removing the parking brake first, the CX-9 automatically removes the parking brake when you press the accelerator and it feels like auto hold releases when it happens. But even if I would do that, I don't think the parking brake would reengage on its own after at the next stop.

Went for a drive today and I didn’t describe it properly. In a flat surface it’s smooth. I didn’t have any uphill situations but there was one time (uneven road) where I felt a delay in the vehicle moving forward after releasing the brake. I’m attributing that To the hill assist I guess. I’ll keep an eye on it from diff situations and see. Thanks for the feedback youri.

You’re welcome. Still hill assist should only kick in on steeper slopes. Keep an eye on it and if it happens regularly bring it up to the dealer at tour next visit.

When I’m at a stop and then accelerate, there’s a slight jerk/hesitation I can feel. Best way to describe it is accelerating from a stop with the auto hold feature on. Now the ‘19 didn’t come with auto hold so I know it’s not that. Is this normal for our vehicle? If so, why does this happen?

Does this happen when the vehicle is cold, so after first start up? I had a similar issue on my 2016 CX-9 and there was an update that addressed it. I took it to Mazda and they did the update for me.

Does this happen when the vehicle is cold, so after first start up? I had a similar issue on my 2016 CX-9 and there was an update that addressed it. I took it to Mazda and they did the update for me.
What kind of update? Software?

Take a look here. There are some TSB's for lack of power on the 19 CX-9

Back