Aaargh! Big Ding on My Hood!

Was driving behind a semi on the highway and it kicked up a rock that flew through the air and landed right in the center of my hood! Big ding and scratch through to the white primer. Going to have one of those guys who pushes dings out from the other side take it out.

First ding on this car and it is in such an obvious spot! Aaargh!

Was driving behind a semi on the highway and it kicked up a rock that flew through the air and landed right in the center of my hood! Big ding and scratch through to the white primer. Going to have one of those guys who pushes dings out from the other side take it out.

First ding on this car and it is in such an obvious spot! Aaargh!
Sorry to hear that. At least the windshield somehow didn’t get hit or cracks are inevitable. PDR is the first thing you should try. But PDR can’t fix paint scratches unfortunately. Something I’ve learned long time ago driving on the highway is that I’ll never follow a semi truck, even with a distance.

Argh, sorry to hear man. The first one always hurts the most, lol. Did you get a touch-up paint pen with the car? If not, I've heard some good things about the Dr. Colorchip kits.

Central NY.

I bought a little jar of touch up paint when I bought the car. Not going to do anything until the spring. Such a bummer when you get a car that is basically new (only had 17k miles on it) when I bought it. And you are trying to keep it good looking then BAM dent on the hood!

Back