A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

2018 has the back seat armrest with heated seat controls and usb port. Still practicing with tap talk adding pictures [emoji4]
ec746508e77d385f5dd8a091df1ea85d.jpg
68ed0a5fe66e5c05016da56e628319b5.jpg

Nice!

You're not getting a new CX-5, are you?

Not who you were talking to, but stuff like this really makes me want to, but I know the 2020 model will have even MORE nice stuff, and it's an endless chain of financial screw-ups instead of just keeping what I got and pay it off and enjoy life*.

*While niggling at it.

Solution = rent a cvt car for a day. You'll come running back at your CX-5.
Driven CVT and DSG transmissions and they don't beat a conventional auto. Mazda make one of the better conventional autos out there

Driven CVT and DSG transmissions and they don't beat a conventional auto. Mazda make one of the better conventional autos out there

Spot on. I’ve driven plenty of cvt rental cars and the way they are programmed for fuel economy leaves very little to like in their responsiveness. I firmly believe they allow the engine to lug which contributes to the LSPI phenomena which is a huge problem for modern engines.

I do wonder if the Mazda automatic is a true conventional. It shifts like a dsg but I know that it is not. Mazda incorporated a lot of ideas from various transmissions when they designed this one. It is a beauty though.

The Skyactiv Auto is a traditional planetary with torque converter. What’s unique is that they keep the converter locked the majority of the time which contributes to that connected feel like a DSG. I agree is a very nice and refined transmission.

Spot on. Ive driven plenty of cvt rental cars and the way they are programmed for fuel economy leaves very little to like in their responsiveness. I firmly believe they allow the engine to lug which contributes to the LSPI phenomena which is a huge problem for modern engines.

I do wonder if the Mazda automatic is a true conventional. It shifts like a dsg but I know that it is not. Mazda incorporated a lot of ideas from various transmissions when they designed this one. It is a beauty though.

Here ya go!:

zmcay8.jpg

Back