A/C issues?

I don't replace alternators, I rebuild them that way I know they will work when installed. 77AH is plenty for these cars with a healthy battery.

Not if you're running something like this...

And it's winter in Canada, so you've got your front and rear wipers going, your rear defrost on, your high beams on, all your running lights on, your heat on with the blower at #4, then you hit a patch of black ice so your ABS kicks in at 80 Amps, then you slip off the road because you didn't see it coming, stall the car in a snowbank and it won't start again because you drained your battery.

I might talk to those Bastards myself.

Snowbanks suck.

Last edited:
Didn't know you were up in the Great White North. My only foray into Canada land was to Victoria, then to Vancouver via ferry from Seattle and then across the Trans Canadian Hwy to Calgary via Banff. Did that in August 2000. You lot were having a heat wave [so the locals said]. We had to wear sweaters at night. :giggle:

200 Amp is great as long as you upgrade the car's wiring especially between the alternator and the battery.

Or,

You could just tow one of these bad boys along....;)

MLG8.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the salty North East too, ... halfway between the Goderich salt mine and Windsor salt.

On a warm quiet winter night, I can hear my car dissolving. Its a kind of fuzzy, bubbling sound. Lol

I'm sorry for your loss... I just can't imagine being in that much ice and snow. In the photo I attached you can tell it's winter from the little bit of snow on the mountains in the background. So Cal is a place where you can skiing in the morning and sailing/surfing in the afternoon, about 2 - 3 hrs drive from each.

Back