74.00.200 Has Wireless Apple CarPlay

Thanks, but we are talking about the possibility of native wireless CarPlay with this firmware. These aftermarket adapters are really not a great experience. I have used them all, they work “seamlessly” less often than it’s worth.

Exactly. Although Jet seems to have had success with his wireless adapter, so maybe they resolve the earlier connectivity issues.

But a native integration would be better, and more seamless.

Thanks, but we are talking about the possibility of native wireless CarPlay with this firmware. These aftermarket adapters are really not a great experience. I have used them all, they work “seamlessly” less often than it’s worth.
The current firmware fixed any earlier issue. I been using it for over a month. It is seamless. Order from amazon, easy return if it doesnt work out.

The current firmware fixed any earlier issue. I been using it for over a month. It is seamless. Order from amazon, easy return if it doesnt work out.
I'm happy that the adapter works for you. A native solution would still be better. I have Android, my girlfriend has Apple. A native solution should support both. The dongles support one or the other. The dongles take up space and a charging port and have a wire that can be bumped. It's another piece of equipment whose firmware we have to worry about and it costs money.

Is that the new firmware? I'm still at 70.00.367 NA N on a 2018 CX-5 Touring.
Yes, according to Mazda TSB its only ship with newer vehicle/model 2021. Fw will not be released to dealership from Mazda HQ in Japan. So do not bother asking for an upgrade fw to this version. It will never be available to any Mazda dealerships.

Last edited:
Yes, according to Mazda TSB its only ship with newer vehicle/model 2021. Fw will not be released to dealership from Mazda HQ in Japan. So do not bother asking for an upgrade fw to this version.
That doesn’t quite makes sense though. Let’s say someone with that car that had that firmware from the dealer needs it reflashed due to a problem. The dealer would need to be able to do that. So eventually I would imagine it will become available.

That doesn’t quite makes sense though. Let’s say someone with that car that had that firmware from the dealer needs it reflashed due to a problem. The dealer would need to be able to do that. So eventually I would imagine it will become available.
No, the entire cmu will be replaced under warranty only. If out of warranty owner will need to pay $1200 for a new replacement. Fw74.00.200 will not be available to any Mazda dealerships according to TSB.

'21 CX5s come with the Connect system that's 90% like the updated one on the Mazda 3/CX-30. The software is not compatible with '20 and older versions.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but...
there should be a bluetooth device that you plug into the usb port that your phone can wirelessly connect to carplay.
Maybe there is?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but...
there should be a bluetooth device that you plug into the usb port that your phone can wirelessly connect to carplay.
Maybe there is?
Yes there are quite a few available. They just don’t work reliably or without noticeable lag unfortunately.

Back