74.00.200 Has Wireless Apple CarPlay

ZuZ

:
Mazda 3 2015 s Grand Touring 4-Door
The new Mazda MX5 2021 GT comes with firmware 74.00.200 that has wireless apple CarPlay!

Jonathan Sewell Sells YouTube channel showcased this.

The race is on to get a copy of the firmware and see whether it can be software enabled for other cars or requires a hardware modification.

My bet is on software, anyone have a copy?

How do you tell what firmware you have? I have a 2021 CX-9 that I got a week ago.

Same here. 2021 CX-5 GT Turbo. Wireless Apple Carplay works flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_2853.JPG
    IMG_2853.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 777
Is this a Canadian thing? The 2021 models have the newer infotainment system.

I'm pretty sure that's it's only the 2021 MX5 and Mazda 6 that have wireless carplay/Android auto so far.

FYI I have a Canadian 2021 CX-5 GS that has the 8 inch screen and 74.00.200 NA N firmware from the factory, but it does not have wireless CarPlay enabled.

Wireless CarPlay is only advertised as a feature on GT trims and up in Canada.

I guess the question as to whether it is software or hardware is if the GS and below have the same part numbers for the infotainment as the GT and above.

Oooh I would love for them to put wireless carplay on the US versions. That might steer me toward a CX5 in the next few months.

Only vehicles with the old infotainment system gets wireless carplay for 2021. So MX-5, Mazda 6 (i believe) and canadian CX-9. Cars with the new system don’t: mazda 3, mazda cx-30, US CX-9, etc.

Only vehicles with the old infotainment system gets wireless carplay for 2021. So MX-5, Mazda 6 (i believe) and canadian CX-9. Cars with the new system don’t: mazda 3, mazda cx-30, US CX-9, etc.
Wanting to see if it will work in my 2019 CX-5 GT. The head unit has WiFi but was disabled a few versions back.

Wanting to see if it will work in my 2019 CX-5 GT. The head unit has WiFi but was disabled a few versions back.
I am with you on this one. Even if it was just a module to be added, I would be willing to do it in my 2018 CX-9.

I am with you on this one. Even if it was just a module to be added, I would be willing to do it in my 2018 CX-9.
You can.

You can.
Thanks, but we are talking about the possibility of native wireless CarPlay with this firmware. These aftermarket adapters are really not a great experience. I have used them all, they work “seamlessly” less often than it’s worth.

Back