70.00.335 Firmware

I update my 2018 Mazda CX-9 firmware to 70.00.335. After updating, my XM Radio option was gone. I had to update to 70.00.352B to get it back. This worked very well. I posted this just in case this happens anyone else.

My Mazda 2 (2020) current firmware version is 70.00.335 4A N but cannot connect Android. So is there any solution to update so that I can use Android Connect? I am from Thailand. So please suggest me.

Attachments

• IMG20200227233414.jpg
    IMG20200227233414.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 555
I am finally getting the firmware update on my CX 5 2016 GT tomorrow. My goal is to get it to read my iPhone so I can play my songs from my QoBuz app via USB instead of Bluetooth. Think this may help? It's all I care about, why I'm not interested in Car Play.

I am finally getting the firmware update on my CX 5 2016 GT tomorrow. My goal is to get it to read my iPhone so I can play my songs from my QoBuz app via USB instead of Bluetooth. Think this may help? It's all I care about, why I'm not interested in Car Play.
I'm assuming you've never updated it since new, and you are running on the four year old version.
It should help a lot.
Keep us posted.

My Mazda 2 (2020) current firmware version is 70.00.335 4A N but cannot connect Android. So is there any solution to update so that I can use Android Connect? I am from Thailand. So please suggest me.
Updating the software only will not give you android auto or Apple carplay. You need the new USB port like the one here. You need to find the right one compatible with your vehicle.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Since you vehicle is a 2020 it should have come with Android auto

I'm assuming you've never updated it since new, and you are running on the four year old version.
It should help a lot.
Keep us posted.
Yes, the update speeds things up. the desplay even looks sharper. But, still cannot read my music files on Qobuz via USB. I get the "no readable files" or something like that. Would need to get apple car play. But, at $475 for a dealer install, just not worth it.

Downloading this firmware update is so slow, it's almost like they don't want you to have it.

Can anyone post a video from start to finish on how to set this up? Or, if you live in Washington state, I can pay you. Thanks

My download of 367 failed, but when I tried again it was way faster and only took a few minutes to download. (It's a little under 1 GB). I am going to do the upgrade this weekend.

@Joeshin87 The download location includes a very detailed pdf of instructions that includes photos. Not sure a video would be better because it would be harder to follow step by step. It even has a graph to explain pressing the brake at 25 minutes to prevent automatic shutdown, lol.

Same thing happened to me on the download. 8 hours 1st time and stuck at 99%. Then downloaded in under 5 minutes.

I did the update to 367. Went smoothly. One thing to note: the screen where it says "Preparing Update" lasts quite a while. I wish I had timed it, but it was maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

I used a 32 GB class 10 Micro-sd card in a USB adapter. Formatted to FAT32. Update took about 25 minutes. I was updating from 335 so I did not have to do the Failsafe step.

First impression: boots a lot faster. Just did it, so I will be back if I notice anything else.

Also....OMG the Mazda Toolbox used to update the navigation sd card is a POS. Not sure I trust it.

Last edited:
Coincidentally I did the same upgrade this morning. It took about 30min total.

I only had time to re-check all the settings (everything was retained as expected), no other observations yet.

I finally had an opportunity to do the upgrade today, and there is a noticeable improvement in the boot up time. I haven’t played around with it long enough to notice anything else, so I’ll report back if something else comes up. The upgrade took a little over 25 minutes, I think.

Also....OMG the Mazda Toolbox used to update the navigation sd card is a POS. Not sure I trust it.
LOL. I did this a couple of weeks ago and I have the same opinion, but it seems that the navigation SD card upgraded successfully.

Anyone know if there is a way to enable touch screen feature on the infotainment screen without doing the mazda aio tweak? Im currently running FW Ver 70.00.3

70.00.355*
I was at .335 and went to .367A thinking the touchscreen while driving would be enabled again but it didn't work at least in Apple Carplay. Has anyone else's touchscreen get re-enabled? I believe they did this for safety but even my GMC infotainment which is newer I am able to touch the screen to make changes.

Back