70.00.335 Firmware

Quick question. Has anyone tried installing a firmware that was for another region? Does it break anything?

I havent tried it personally but there are reports that your radio tuner will no longer work correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mazda toolbox program can be used for Map updates, not system updates.
For a good tutorial on managing system updates visit the link below:

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...t-firmware-downloads-updated.html#post1859114

That is the most comprehensive set of online directions available.
Essentially you need to download the update.
Go through the process to clear DTC codes.
Load the update to the CMU
Check to make sure the updates took.
You're done.

on 2019aug16th I wrote:
I followed this step by step, but committed a pair of mistakes and I'm worried if not completing the whole process might affect my Mazda 3 year 2020 operation.

I have the 70.00.100 4A N version and I wanted to upgrade to 70.00.335 4A N, so I downloaded the "cmu150_ADR_70.00.335C_update.up" file and copied it to a 8GB USB stick previously 32 FAT formatted from https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My first mistake: I forgot to unpair two bluetooth devices before starting the whole process described at https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My second mistake: I didn't get off the car (step 7) but instead stayed inside and I moved something, so the alarm started to beep.

On step 13 (System Update packages search), I received a message that no Update Software was found on the USB stick.

I couldn't finish the process then.

Should I be worried? Step 6 says "internally clear earlier set DTCs in CMU"

Thank you very much in advanced for your prompt response.

On 2019aug19th I editted:

I am also experiencing the same thing. Any help would be super appreciated!

I removed the room fuse for 6 minutes and started the whole process again, using a checked USB 32 FAT formatted and verifying the downloaded file (just followed the full, complete instructions) and now I have correctly installed the 70.00.335 firmware on my Mazda 3.

I'm not willing to buy the hardware yet and try to install it, in order to use Iphone Car Play or Android Auto, because it seems very expensive and not so easy to install.

I just wonder if I could download the Mazda Navigation software to a blank SD and make it work.

Last edited:
I followed this step by step, but committed a pair of mistakes and I'm worried if not completing the whole process might affect my Mazda 3 year 2020 operation.

I have the 70.00.100 4A N version and I wanted to upgrade to 70.00.335 4A N, so I downloaded the "cmu150_ADR_70.00.335C_update.up" file and copied it to a 8GB USB stick previously 32 FAT formatted from https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My first mistake: I forgot to unpair two bluetooth devices before starting the whole process described at https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware/4A%20N%20%28ADR%29/70.00.335C%204A%20N%20all%20MAZDAs

My second mistake: I didn't get off the car (step 7) but instead stayed inside and I moved something, so the alarm started to beep.

On step 13 (System Update packages search), I received a message that no Update Software was found on the USB stick.

I couldn't finish the process then.

Should I be worried? Step 6 says "internally clear earlier set DTCs in CMU"

Thank you very much in advanced for your prompt response.

I removed the room fuse for 6 minutes and started the whole process again, using a checked USB 32 FAT formatted and verifying the downloaded file (just followed the full, complete instructions) and now I have correctly installed the 70.00.335 firmware on my Mazda 3.

I'm not willing to buy the hardware yet and try to install it, in order to use Iphone Car Play or Android Auto, because it seems very expensive and not so easy to install.

I just wonder if I could download the Mazda Navigation software to a blank SD and make it work.

How can I enable touchscreen while driving on 70.00.335 firmware version Mazda 3?

How can I disable the speed limit restriction for using the radio while driving? I have a passenger as copilot, the touchscreen doesn't work; it does, only below 5km/h which has no sense for another person trying to change radio stations in example.

I've just installed firmware version 70.00.335 and I found some videos that have the instructions for lower versions, pressing 3 buttons and the pressing during 20 seconds the clear option at the screen but doesn't work with this version.

If memory serves me correctly each SD card is specifically linked to the vehicle.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Just to make sure I understand correctly: if you've been updated to 70.00.335 there is no way to get root back? I tried to connect to the CMU through serial and to trigger a re-install of the same firmware in order to try and follow the steps from the mzdaio website but the CMU can't seem to see the update file.

Just to make sure I understand correctly: if you've been updated to 70.00.335 there is no way to get root back? I tried to connect to the CMU through serial and to trigger a re-install of the same firmware in order to try and follow the steps from the mzdaio website but the CMU can't seem to see the update file.

Hmm. Imma about to do the same, but I think again if I lose my awesome IO tweaks.

Hmm. Imma about to do the same, but I think again if I lose my awesome IO tweaks.

I may be doing something wrong but, no matter what I did, I could not get the system to recognize the same update file to try and reinstall the firmware and make a serial connection.
I tried unplugging the CMU for some time and then retrying the update but no joy. Seems like I'll have to buy the official parts if I want android auto back :(

There's no separate fail safe file anymore as there was in the previous releases. If there's a problem, I understand it just falls back to the existing firmware.

Sorry for noob question. Is the firmware, such as discussed in this topic, only responsible for infotainment system?
Where is software responsible for driving functions, safety, air conditioning, etc? How do these systems get updated?

So I have a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 which is formated as exFAT, and I've uploaded the cmu150_NA_70.00.335C_update.up on there but when I get to step 9 of the firmware update "Connect the prepared USB memory stick to one of the two USB port," the USB stick isn't recognized by my car. Any suggestions?

So I have a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 which is formated as exFAT, and I've uploaded the cmu150_NA_70.00.335C_update.up on there but when I get to step 9 of the firmware update "Connect the prepared USB memory stick to one of the two USB port," the USB stick isn't recognized by my car. Any suggestions?

Ensure the USB Stick is Fat32, and nothing else is on it, or use a different brand USB...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Ensure the USB Stick is Fat32, and nothing else is on it, or use a different brand USB...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

So the CX-9 cannot read USB 3.0 devices, it will only read up to 2.0 I learned this last week when I tried to put all my music on a 3.0 thumb drive to learn it can't even see a 3.0 device

My current CMU version is V70.00.335. Not V70.00.335c or later. Will there be an update available anytime soon? If so, what is link that will notify us the Mazda owners the update?

I just bought a 2019 CX9 GT and the current version I am running is 70.00.021 NA N and Fail-Safe version is 70.00.021. Can I just install this 70.00.335c version or do I need to step up the upgrades before I install 70.00.335c?

So the CX-9 cannot read USB 3.0 devices, it will only read up to 2.0 I learned this last week when I tried to put all my music on a 3.0 thumb drive to learn it can't even see a 3.0 device

USB 3.0 drives work in my cars, but mine max out at a 32gb capacity. Are you using a 64gb? I have a 64gb that I formatted down to 32gb with a freeware program. The weird thing is that it does not work reliably when the temp drops below freezing.

General question here: have a 2017 MY and mine is almost 3 yrs old (in Jan) but never updated the firmware for the infotainment since original delivery (not even sure which version I have) - if I get the latest firmware will it affect anything even if mine doesn*t have AC/AA? What are the advantages to updating to latest firmware? Faster boot up times? Less instances of screen going blank? I*ve experienced it but only a few and rare occasions...does latest firmware prove stable enough? Not sure if I should upgrade to latest...

Back