4 more things I hate about the 2018 cx5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you people hauling that you need the seats perfectly flat? I put my seats down quite a bit and don't remove headrests.
My middle one is always removed...no one ever sits there.

Only complaints I have after owning the car for 13 months is that the bose speaker system is underwhelming and the mileage sucks

1. I live in cold climate in winter. When temp set on auto, the fan starts blowing after a minute, well before the car engine has warmed up to blow warm air.
2. I wish the heated steering wheel was entirely heated, not partially.
3. Want to lower back seats? Remove head rests first.
4. Minor...but wish compass showed in rear view mirror constantly, as opposed to having to flip to it.

1. The air that is blowing is most likely warmer than the air in the car and is thus, heating the cabin.
2. It is heated there to make sure you keep your hands in the proper driving position.
3. Lower the seats and move the front seats forward so the back seats drown down. Move back. Can do it the other way as well.
4. What the hell is a compass?

Only complaints I have after owning the car for 13 months is that the bose speaker system is underwhelming and the mileage sucks

While late models have become better I dont think Ive experienced a Bose car stereo I was actually impressed with. Whenever a reviewer remarks at its got a Bose system! Or whatever I just roll my eyes. At least Mazdas is better that what Ive heard in Nissans which is just all boomy with no upper range at all.

What mileage are you getting and what did you expect?

I think the mileage is good for this size vehicle. We have less than 1000 miles on the odo and the highway mileage estimate is right on at ~31 mpg, which will only improve as the engine breaks in.

I have to replace my passenger side door speaker as it rattles like its blown.

Nobody has mentioned that the 2.5 is pathetic. I don’t drive with a lead foot at all but in a pinch it merely makes noise with zero to no feedback in the motivation. Sad vehicle that I’ll unload at the end of my fleece (spelled correctly). **** mazda!

What mileage are you getting and what did you expect?

I think the mileage is good for this size vehicle. We have less than 1000 miles on the odo and the highway mileage estimate is right on at ~31 mpg, which will only improve as the engine breaks in.
Good luck. 17k in and the mileage is pathetic. 23 combined city/highway. And befor you ask... I do not speed or fly away from stops. I’m an old man with no desire to drive like a lunatic.

Nobody has mentioned that the 2.5 is pathetic
Perhaps that is the case because most cx5 owners do not find the 2.5 liter "pathetic". What are you expecting / comparing it to? It certainly is subjective. But everything is a trade off. No free lunch. Sure, there are better performing SUV's, at a cost. But I don't think your cx5 is running right.

Good luck. 17k in and the mileage is pathetic. 23 combined city/highway
Is "pathetic" your favorite word? I think "unusual" would be a more appropriate descriptor here. Do you suppose there could be something wrong with your particular vehicle? I would ask more questions but I don't think you care about getting answers.

Sad vehicle that I’ll unload at the end of my fleece (spelled correctly). **** mazda!
You shouldn't wait! Get rid of that now. pfffft .... trolls.

Perhaps that is the case because most cx5 owners do not find the 2.5 liter "pathetic". What are you expecting / comparing it to? It certainly is subjective. But everything is a trade off. No free lunch. Sure, there are better performing SUV's, at a cost. But I don't think your cx5 is running right.

Is "pathetic" your favorite word? I think "unusual" would be a more appropriate descriptor here. Do you suppose there could be something wrong with your particular vehicle? I would ask more questions but I don't think you care about getting answers.

You shouldn't wait! Get rid of that now. pfffft .... trolls.
It’s a pos that I try to educate other potential buyers. The car would be fine with a better gearbox or horsepower.

Totally agree; however, my vehicle choice doesn’t affect my life. I’m just trying to share my own experience. If you have some personal connection with Mazda or this model in particular I apologize for offending you.

Good luck. 17k in and the mileage is pathetic. 23 combined city/highway. And befor you ask... I do not speed or fly away from stops. I’m an old man with no desire to drive like a lunatic.
That sounds unusually bad, something's not right with your car. Is it possible you have a brake caliper that isn't releasing? That would inhibit acceleration and reduce mileage.

That sounds unusually bad, something's not right with your car. Is it possible you have a brake caliper that isn't releasing? That would inhibit acceleration and reduce mileage.
Thank you! Constructive advise is appreciated. Others felt I was being unfair to the product.

I live in a cold climate too. Most mornings are well below zero, and this is a mild winter so far.

Yes, on auto, the fan starts surprisingly soon. The first time it did it, I shut it down and ran it manually. Stupid car. The second time, I took off my glove and put my hand up there. To my surprise, it was blowing warm air, and only on the windshield. Warm, not hot, but definitely warm. I can’t figure out how they get warm air so fast, and I always have the vent set to open, not circulate. It starts to defrost faster than any car I’ve ever owned. Once the air gets warmer it splits between defrost and feet, then goes fully to feet. It’s an amazing system. It’s awesome!

We are consistently getting 28 to 32 mpg in mostly in town driving with a bit of highway. That’s with AWD in the cold, and the engine frequently not even hitting full temp. I haven’t gotten that kind of mileage since my VW super beetle It’s awesome!

For a 2.5, it has amazing power and acceleration. Far better than any small engine I’ve ever driven. This is a NA engine. It’s awesome!

The transmission is very smooth, as smooth as my BMW was. It's awesome!

I think, but I'm not quite sure yet, that when I downshift going downhill on a poor traction surface, snow and ice, it actually shifts more slowly and smoothly as it senses the low traction. I might be imagining that, but it feels that way consistently. It’s the way I would do it if I was operating a clutch. It’s awesome!

Did I mention that it’s awesome?

Compass? It has a compass?

What I don’t like, but I don’t think is limited to this car, is the amount of plastic on it. I already had a small piece of trim at the rear of the wheel well broken off by ice build up.

I'm also not fond of the deep trough at the bottom of the windshield. It collects a lot of snow and ice. Other than that, you guessed it, it’s awe....!

But, mine is a 2017 GS. They probably turned to crap in 2018. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back