30K service cost in Bay area

Hi ,i had 30K service due and when i left for the service they charged me 1114 + tax for the service
they said Mazda recommends Brake Fluid Exchange is that really needed

It is absolutely necessary. The dealer and his family need Christmas present just as much as you do and you are the only one who can provide. Please do not forgo any of the dealer recommendations or you will leave a whole lot of people without the extra $$$$ this year. It is also recommended that you only wash your car at the dealer since they have the recommended soap for your vehicle and the proper tire brush to was the tires. In my case I changed the fluid at 200k still worked just fine.

It is absolutely necessary. The dealer and his family need Christmas present just as much as you do and you are the only one who can provide. Please do not forgo any of the dealer recommendations or you will leave a whole lot of people without the extra $$$$ this year. It is also recommended that you only wash your car at the dealer since they have the recommended soap for your vehicle and the proper tire brush to was the tires. In my case I changed the fluid at 200k still worked just fine.

^^^ He's got jokes :ROFLMAO:

Follow the scheduled maintenance in the CX-5 Owner's Manual. Depending on your region, the schedule may be different. For example, if you are in the USA and using Schedule 1 (Flexible maintenance interval), there is no designated interval for brake fluid service. If you follow Schedule 2 (severe driving), you're supposed to inspect brake fluid every 5000 miles. Canadians should be inspecting brake fluid every 5000 miles.

I would simply suggest buying a brake fluid tester and checking the fluid annually. If the tester shows more than 2% moisture content, change the fluid.

Last edited:
@joemighty39 I see that is your first post so welcome to mazda247 :)

Unfortunately, it sounds like your first post should've been a couple of weeks ago asking how to keep your service provider from rick-rolln' you! (My assumption ... Really, to be fair, there isn't enough context provided by your post to make a guess).

What year/model is your vehicle?

Were there any specific problems that you asked to be taken care of?

We're there any specific problems that the service provider brought to your attention that they claim needed to be fixed?

Was that a Mazda Dealership that provided your service?

Did they give you an estimate of the charges beforehand?

Can you load up the invoice here ?

Sounds like you *may* have been taken advantage of.

Hi ,i had 30K service due and when i left for the service they charged me 1114 + tax for the service
they said Mazda recommends Brake Fluid Exchange is that really needed

Brake Fluid exchange. I recommend doing it every 30k miles myself. Its not so much the brake fluid but the air trapped in the system which will cause your brakes to not work as good.

Since I have the tools and experience I can literally do a flush and air out the bubbles for $50. Too bad you're not my neighbor though lol.

joemighty39 lives in the Bay area. That alone adds 50% to the cost of anything in Northern Cali. If you were in KY they would have charged you $250. I am Chicagoland so i would pay $700. Do oil changes on time in all my cars and do big things at the latest possible times. If its running and working well leave it be.​

Everything is expensive in Bay Area. People need to make a living here.
I just have the brake fluid replaced in my daughter's '14 Mazda3 (43K).
It cost less than $300 if I recall correctly.
Oil Change(synthetic) + Tire Rotation = $99 if you can find a coupon.
3-4 years ago, it was $60. Not sure what happened. :(

To OP:
Never pay for these ??K service.
Itemized the services you need based on Owner's manual.
Brake fluid is often recommended at 30k, but you don't have to if the fluid level is not low or discolored and you don't feel problem with your brake. Your call here.
You can do it later at 50K, for example.
Same for coolant and ATF. Mazda does not require change of these fluid on intervel.
That is what dealers want to lighten your wallet on.

Oof. I had the same dilemma about 3 weeks ago, I'm glad I got out relatively unscathed. What dealership did you go to? Bay area prices tend to be substantially higher compared to everywhere else. This is most likely what the dealership covered I would guess since I was offered this on my visit.

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Attaching the service Menu
we stay in Bay area Santa Clara
its Oak tree mazda
2016 CX5 FWD Touring

My AC / Parking brakes were continuously blinking they told we need to run the diag test and charged 500$ more for that finally they said its all due to weak battery and replaced it for 210$
Finally bill was 2000$ :-/

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-17 at 10.12.32 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-17 at 10.12.32 AM.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 166
This insane gouging can be thought of a "tax" for people who won't spend 2 minutes reading their owner's manual or researching an issue.

Had you read the owner's manual, you would have know exactly what was required, which is nothing more than an oil change and cabin/air filter.
Total cost in the Bay Area around $200.

Had you spent a few minutes researching your "light blinking" issue, you would have immediately found that the battery was the likely culprit. You could have went to auto parts store, where they would have tested your electrical system for FREE and installed a battery for FREE.
Total cost around $150.

@joemighty39 Not much you can do about it now, but at least you found the forum for next time. If you have any issues or concerns with your Mazda in the future, hop on the forums and do a search or ask questions. :)

This insane gouging can be thought of a "tax" for people who won't spend 2 minutes reading their owner's manual or researching an issue.

Had you read the owner's manual, you would have know exactly what was required, which is nothing more than an oil change and cabin/air filter.
Total cost in the Bay Area around $200.

Had you spent a few minutes researching your "light blinking" issue, you would have immediately found that the battery was the likely culprit. You could have went to auto parts store, where they would have tested your electrical system for FREE and installed a battery for FREE.
Total cost around $150.
Yep learnt a valuable lesson

Oof. I had the same dilemma about 3 weeks ago, I'm glad I got out relatively unscathed. What dealership did you go to? Bay area prices tend to be substantially higher compared to everywhere else. This is most likely what the dealership covered I would guess since I was offered this on my visit.
I'd like to see a list or diagram of the body fasteners that get torqued. I'm very skeptical that they do anything for that line item, but could be a "gotcha" on warranty coverage if you do maintenance yourself.

Attaching the service Menu
we stay in Bay area Santa Clara
its Oak tree mazda
2016 CX5 FWD Touring

My AC / Parking brakes were continuously blinking they told we need to run the diag test and charged 500$ more for that finally they said its all due to weak battery and replaced it for 210$
Finally bill was 2000$ :-/
I have a question... the minimum service package already included testing battery. Wouldn't that service already rule out the need of "diagnosing" weak battery issue?

I have a question... the minimum service package already included testing battery. Wouldn't that service already rule out the need of "diagnosing" weak battery issue?
First they ran all the diag test and in the test they found put it may be a battery issue and once in service they tested the battery completely and found it to be defective
Finally after lot of discussion they charged
1200 for service
200 battery
150 for diag test

Back