2017~2024 3 Year Warranty ending this month: Any service suggestions?

Hello Everyone! Happy 2021!

My 2018 Mazda GT's 3 year warranty ends this month. So far no problems. A few months ago I asked my Mazda dealer to look over the car and look for anything that's about to go and replace it if necessary, but they said that they don't do that. Oh well.

I am going in again in a few weeks for an oil change. Do you guys have any suggestions on what car parts to check or any specific service, I should ask them to do since this is my last month of warranty coverage?

Thanks!

Have they done the CD (Cylinder Deactivation) update? Any problems with the infotainment? If so get it updated.
You neglected to say how many miles but if it's normal there's not much to do at the 3 yr point.
I'd be thinking about tranny fluid and brake fluid but that's on you. Also battery.

ps: At 3 years nothing should be getting ready to go.

Hello Everyone! Happy 2021!

My 2018 Mazda GT's 3 year warranty ends this month. So far no problems. A few months ago I asked my Mazda dealer to look over the car and look for anything that's about to go and replace it if necessary, but they said that they don't do that. Oh well.

I am going in again in a few weeks for an oil change. Do you guys have any suggestions on what car parts to check or any specific service, I should ask them to do since this is my last month of warranty coverage?

Thanks!
Since you don’t see any obvious problems on your 2018 CX-5, things you’d want to do and bring up to your Mazda dealer for warranty service before the new-car warranty expires are those possible issues from TSBs related to your vehicle.

For example, here’s one:

TSB 02-007/20 - OIL SEEPAGE / LEAKAGE FROM REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS

Recalls won’t matter as they’ll be covered forever. Besides, Mazda dealer will always check any pending recalls for you on your CX-5 each time you visit the dealership.

When the new-car warranty on my 2016 CX-5 was getting expired, I brought up 4 obvious failures, 3 TSB mentioned possible important (expensive) issues, and 3 recalls for warranty service. Now the failed LED DRLs have become a safety recall, but somehow more safety related EPB dragging issue, one of the TSB items I brought up for the warranty service, has never been materialized to be a recall. Each time I saw a report complaining the expensive repair replacing the rear brake calipers, I feel sorry for those unfortunate 2016 / 2016.5 CX-5 owners.

We used to have now defunct thread discussing all TSBs on CX-5 and that’s how I got most TSB information there. You can give some effort to search the NHTSA website and find many reported TSBs for 2018 Mazda CX-5, and pick some important and expensive issues to have your Mazda dealer checking them out. Of course this also depends on your Mazda dealer if they really care for customer’s concerns from the TSBs like my Mazda dealer did.

Last edited:
I would've been surprised if the dealer's mechanic specifically looked for things to be fixed under warranty. If you took care of the car you will have nothing to worry about!

This has nothing to do with any of the questions, but I always like to do a brake fluid exchange after a couple of years. If you trust your dealer to do it, I would consider the service. I would also say you do not have to use the dealer if you do it yourself or have a trusted independent.

You could ask them to update the included maps if you have Nav. I believe we get 3 years of free updates.

Starfish did you find any warranty work? Mine is about to expire, I was thinking the same thing, I would hate to miss out on a repair that should have been covered under the 3 year warranty. I guess I don't have anything to get fixed. 3 years goes by fast. I didn't put enough miles on to get the tensioner leak.

Here is link to a post that I mention what I asked them to look at based on a list of TSBs for the 2018.

Link To Other Post

They said my leather seats were fine, although I know that not to be true, but from I've read in the past, its not worth it to fix them as It just happens again and is a minor thing for me. My dealership is lazy and unmotivated to find future issues under warranty, if I was smarter I would of also have taken it to an independent mechanic and had them check over it.

Back