Guide 2nd Generation CX-9: Reverse light bulb replacement/upgrade

Just so we are on the same page, you're referring to the LED bulbs that are "CANBUS error-free" as stated in the description. Here's what I found that is supposedly compatible with my 2021 CX9 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) Edit: these are for the Rear Turn Signal Tail light replacements. I know there is also the Reverse Backup replacement to do. The link you gave me says those LEDs are NOT compatible with Mazda 2021cx9 but ARE compatible with 2018 CX9 vehicles. So it looks like some Mazdas need the IC driver and perhaps more load resistors and other models do not. Would you agree?

Could also mean that the reverse light bulbs on the 21 are not replaceable, meaning that they may already be LED units. Or it could mean that the bulb type changed over the years. I couldn't tell without looking at the bulb itself.

If I'm reading correctly , this shows that the rear turn(direction Indicator) signals, the reverse lights, and the License Plate(Number Plate) lights are all non-LED lights. It also looks like the interior Vanity Lights and Luggage Compartment lights are non-LED as well. Strange though, I can't seem to find the years that this CX-9 manual applies to.
Screenshot 2023-12-06 163459.jpg

Last edited:
Back