Guide: 2nd Generation CX-9: Dashcam installation

:
2020 CX-9 GT
Super clean. Love this. How much was the invisicord? Did you purchase from K3vonn? Amazon? or Direct? Can you take a picture of your invisicord plugged into the mirror? Looks solid.
The invisicord direct with fuse, micro pins and mini usb was about $55 CAD shipped to Vancouver. I'm not sure it needed the fuse, but didn't want to have to wait. Shipping took 3 weeks though. You can actually still see it in the above picture plugged into the back of the mirror, and then running into the electronics cover. It then exits at the top, runs into the headliner and then straight down to the A119 V3.

The one thing I just noticed is that the placement is a bit too close to the dotted shading on the window. You can see the video on the right side has a bit of occlusion, and then you can see how I mounted it from the front.

IMG_8741.JPG

IMG_2348.jpg

:
2020 CX-9 GT
Super clean. Love this. How much was the invisicord? Did you purchase from K3vonn? Amazon? or Direct? Can you take a picture of your invisicord plugged into the mirror? Looks solid.
Also had this pic from during the install. The invisicord sticks out a little from the back, but you don't notice it at all when getting in/out and driving. I do wish they didn't use yellow and red though for the wiring. Maybe I should sharpie it to darken it.

Attachments

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Also had this pic from during the install. The invisicord sticks out a little from the back, but you don't notice it at all when getting in/out and driving. I do wish they didn't use yellow and red though for the wiring. Maybe I should sharpie it to darken it.
Yeah, the yellow and red do catch the eye a bit on mine too. I'm going to try wrapping them in black electrical tape so it looks a little more OEM.

We mounted our dashcams in similar spots, lol. The dot matrix is also visible in my playback, but you can see a lot more of it. Doesn't bother me enough to move it though.

I ended up buying an invisicord.
http://invisicord.com/osc2/catalog/...id=58&osCsid=911d3ba422bb7115912cd973f6b93dcc
Optioned it with mini USB connector for my dashcam, micro connector which fit perfectly into the powered harness, and added a fuse
Disconnected the power harness going to my homelink autodimming mirror. Looking at the harness from behind, there are 10 sockets. Only the bottom 5 do anything. Green (bottom left) is always on. Middle is ground, and so is the one just to the right of it. Blue (bottom right) is switched (12V on but only with ignition on). I plugged invisicord black micro connector into the middle grounded socket, then the yellow positive lead into the same socket as blue. This way, dashcam turns on with ignition, off when car is off. Avoids having to tuck wires into trim and frees up 12V power for other things.
I am purchasing the invisicord and I wanted to know if the Fuse is necessary or not?

thanks

:
2020 CX-9 GT
have you had troubles putting up the sun shade with the dash cam up or do you take the dash cam off the base?

Also I took my home link wire to see the wiring - the black is ground and which wire do I tap for just when engine starts?

View attachment 226196
The shade sits over it fine. I don’t remove the camera (or haven’t needed to since installation).

Attachments