257HP Corolla coming to the U.S.? Mazda, where's ours?

Antoine

Administrator
Clearly Toyota is serious about offering more performance-oriented vehicles which is great...Unfortunately it seems Mazda is not as interested in such a pursuit at this time based on current offerings. Obviously Toyota has a lot more resources but still Mazda managed to offer Mazdaspeed variants in the past. There is some hope though...In the form of that turbocharged 227HP engine we keep hearing about plus Mazda's developing relationship with Toyota.

Who knows what the future holds but could high performance be coming back into fashion..? 😁

Gazoo Racing is alive! :) It's nice to see someone offering performance,, instead of Hybrid electric this and 3-row that.

I've been in Mazdas since the 90's and I've been wanting a new car for about 5 years...waiting waiting waiting for Mazdaspeed to come back in some form.

I ended up buying a Golf R, but would have been much more happy to hand that $40k+ to Mazda. The AWD 3 is there. Why not turbocharge it and give us a new Mazda 3 GTX? I would have been 1st in line.

The Golf is incredibly nice and crazy fast. I know Mazda can compete with that, because they've done it in the past.

Here's one example. This or a rabbit gti?

@Natey!

Gazoo Racing is alive! :) It's nice to see someone offering performance,, instead of Hybrid electric this and 3-row that.
I hear ya...I understand those features are important to a lot of people and for good reason but it doesn't mean we can't have fun options as well!

I ended up buying a Golf R, but would have been much more happy to hand that $40k+ to Mazda. The AWD 3 is there. Why not turbocharge it and give us a new Mazda 3 GTX? I would have been 1st in line.
Mazda...Are you listening!?!?

Here's one example. This or a rabbit gti?
I used to watch MotorWeek back in the day, nice find! Would love to see Mazda produce a modern high performance version of the 3, 6, CX...Well for the whole lineup!

Back