225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

The stock Toyo Tires on my 16.5 GT AWD have lasted longer than expected (34,000 mi. currently), but it is getting time to replace the tires. I was hoping for some Memorial Day sales on the Continental Cross Contact LX 25s, but the price has been fixed since the start of the year. Just poking around today again to see which way I want to go, I'll likely buy from America's Tire.

Is the LX25s still the "go to" replacement? Any other V rated contenders for all around duty (highway, city, dirt/gravel road) that have come onto the scene in the last couple of years?

I usually buy Michelin tires and have always been happy with them, but I've heard their offerings in the 225/55/R19 size are more car oriented and / or don't rate quite as highly.
If you don’t run snows in winter but also don’t live in a low-snow area, the Michelin Cross Climate 2 might be a good choice.

If you don’t run snows in winter but also don’t live in a low-snow area, the Michelin Cross Climate 2 might be a good choice.
Thanks, snow is not an issue, I'm in Northern California and the only snow would be if I decided to run up to Lake Tahoe during the winter, something I never really do.

I finally replaced the stock Toyo Tires on my 2016.5 GT AWD (those tires made it 35,000 and still had 4/32 left). I ended up going with the Continental CrossContact LX25s as I don't really do any snow driving. Plus, at America's Tire I had an old 10% off a set of 4 coupon they were still willing to honor along with $70 back from Continental on a gift card. Anyway, even on the drive home, I can tell they're much better than the Toyo Tires, so I'm happy.

I finally replaced the stock Toyo Tires on my 2016.5 GT AWD (those tires made it 35,000 and still had 4/32 left). I ended up going with the Continental CrossContact LX25s as I don't really do any snow driving. Plus, at America's Tire I had an old 10% off a set of 4 coupon they were still willing to honor along with $70 back from Continental on a gift card. Anyway, even on the drive home, I can tell they're much better than the Toyo Tires, so I'm happy.

I love the Continental DSW06 Plus for areas that don't get a lot of snow (this is an Ultra High Performance All Season tire). It's what I bought. Very highly rated by Tire Rack testing.

DSW06Plus.jpg

Costco Canada has $150 off on Pirellis right now, so I have been thinking of potentially getting a set of Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2s. I assume I can sell the Toyos that my CX-5 came with (they are literally brand new).
After agonizing over choosing between the Michelin CC2's, Conti. LX25 and the new (in May 2021) Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's, I compared their ratings on Tire Rack for the features that I am interested in.....Quietness, Comfort/Harshness, Treadwear, Rolling Resistance. I run separate winters so the Snow/Ice performance of the CC2's were irrelevant to me. The Pirellis won out in the ratings so I took the plunge and so far have been absolutely delighted with their performance plus my fuel economy has improved (a factor of lower rolling resistance I suspect). The 25% discount that I received at COSTCO helped seal the deal.

Last edited:
Interesting.. does Costco sell Pirelli? my local one doesnt have them when I select the 19" size online

After agonizing over choosing between the Michelin CC2's, Conti. LX25 and the new (in May 2021) Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's, I compared their ratings on Tire Rack for the features that I am interested in.....Quietness, Comfort/Harshness, Treadwear, Rolling Resistance. I run separate winters so the Snow/Ice performance of the CC2's were irrelevant to me. The Pirellis won out in the ratings so I took the plunge and so far have been absolutely delighted with their performance plus my fuel economy has improved (a factor of lower rolling resistance I suspect). The 25% discount that I received at COSTCO helped seal the deal.
Just put a set of these on our CX-5 so far pretty happy as well. It's kinda funny I had it narrowed down to the same contenders and also run winters so I didn't think the CC2 with it's other trade offs made as much sense.

Back