Off Topic 2021 Sonata N introduced

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
23 Kia Stinger GT Elite
Just saw an article in the paper today about Hyundai introducing the 2021 Sonata N version.
It's designed by the same guy that used to run BMW's M division, and was responsible for the Stinger, among other things.
The biggest revelation is a new 2.5L turbo engine with close to 300 HP. No awd though.
I'm definitely going to check it out when it hits dealers. Might be time to trade my 6.

2021-Hyundai-Sonata-N-Line-4.jpg

2021-Hyundai-Sonata-N-Line-14.jpg

2021-Hyundai-Sonata-N-Line-20.jpg

2021-Hyundai-Sonata-N-Line-7.jpg

290 hp and 310 lb-ft tq. Nice numbers! I'd definitely take it for a test drive if I was in the market. Steering wheel and push button shifter would take some getting used to, but they wouldn't be deal breakers.

So would that snout! :eek:

Yeah but to be fair, a lot of newer cars are going in this direction. The 6's grille is big, but thankfully not as big as this, and it's also no Toyota Avalon grille.

I test drove a Velostar N and it was pretty quick but...I ended up buying something else. Quick and not bad looking, but it just wasn't as smooth as other cars.
A little rough around the edges with the power delivery, engine noise, handling over bumps, etc.

Is the N-Line the same as the full blown "N" version like the Veloster N or i30 N? Or is is more akin to the M-Sport accessories you get from BMW?

Is the N-Line the same as the full blown "N" version like the Veloster N or i30 N? Or is is more akin to the M-Sport accessories you get from BMW?

I was curious about this too.. my understanding was that N Line was like M-Sport for BMW or F-Sport for Lexus. But in this case, they're calling it the Sonata N Line, and it's getting a more powerful drivetrain, suspension and braking upgrades, and exterior and interior bits, just like the "N" versions of their other cars. Here's an article posted recently about the upcoming Sonata N Line.

I don't think they would add the awd to the sonata rn, due to the genesis having rwd/awd offerings. Same reason Toyota puts awd on the camry but not the v6.

Back