2021 Signature Windows freezing up

:
2016, 2021 CX-5
less than 1000 Km on the car. Has anyone else experienced this. The car is not stored in a garage. This past week we had temperatures of -7C (19F) and -2C (27F). All 4 windows were stuck. Even when the interior was warmed up. the windows were still stuck. I even got out and pulled the felt trim away from the bottom of the driver's side window and still stuck. They eventually cam free with repeated attempts to lower, after driving about 40 minutes.

This is ridiculous for windows to stick at -2. Anyone else had this problem?

Did you happen to have the car washed recently? It's never happened to me, but I could see that being a possibility. Take it to the dealer and have them check for defective seals, but with this happening to all 4 windows that would be quite the coincidence.

When you pressed the switches, could you hear the window motors trying to operate? If so, I would chalk it up to the seals around the top of the window freezing. With the windows rolled down, spray some silicone lubricant (I use 3-in-One brand) onto a rag and wipe it into the seals along the top edge of the window frame. Do the same for the door seals around the door jambs to prevent the door seals from freezing shut. I live in an area where it can get to -50c and the ice never sticks enough to prevent the windows/doors from freezing shut when the seals are lubed up.

I've had this happen, but I wash my car often when it is very cold out. My CX-5, however, is garage kept, so that helps. I also roll down the windows a tad and wipe off the seals when the temps drop to help with this.

Did you happen to have the car washed recently? It's never happened to me, but I could see that being a possibility. Take it to the dealer and have them check for defective seals, but with this happening to all 4 windows that would be quite the coincidence.

When you pressed the switches, could you hear the window motors trying to operate? If so, I would chalk it up to the seals around the top of the window freezing. With the windows rolled down, spray some silicone lubricant (I use 3-in-One brand) onto a rag and wipe it into the seals along the top edge of the window frame. Do the same for the door seals around the door jambs to prevent the door seals from freezing shut. I live in an area where it can get to -50c and the ice never sticks enough to prevent the windows/doors from freezing shut when the seals are lubed up.
I will give the Lubricant a shot. I think it was sticking at the felt, which I don't want to lubricate as it will smear it all over the windows... I'll try the runners though and see if that helps!
Yeah, the motors were trying. It was definitely stuck.

Interesting recommendation. I find the 303 Aerospace Protectant superior to all armor all like products, and have been using it for years. A little pricey, I agree. Usually sourced on online because I have never seen it in stores.

Interesting recommendation. I find the 303 Aerospace Protectant superior to all armor all like products, and have been using it for years. A little pricey, I agree. Usually sourced on online because I have never seen it in stores.
Found my bottle at Cabelas in the Boating section. If it protects leather and vinyl on boat interiors exposed to salt water and sun it's good for my garaged interior.

I also use it on my genuine leather couches/sofas.

Good to know. I almost never go into Cabelas or boating stores. In fact, I almost never go to stores anymore except for grocery stores! Call me on line lazy.

Thumbs up for 303 Aerospace Protectant. I use that stuff exclusively on all of my vehicles. Walmart carries it around here but I buy online as the price is almost always better.

303 also makes a good product for use on convertible tops, I use it on my MX-5.

Back