2021 NEW CARBON EDITIONS

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a thread on this yet. Mazda announced a new Carbon Edition for the 2021 CX-5 (and 6 and CX-9).

I'm not a fan of chrome trim, so I'm hoping it's darkened, but I'm afraid it's the same chrome as the other trims.

"Refined exterior accents, such as black metallic finish aluminum alloy wheels and gloss black door mirrors, among other details..."​

I wonder what the "other details" are. I was considering upgrading my 2016 CX-5 to a 2020 GTR but now I think I'll wait for this.

In the link you posted, if you scroll to the bottom and click on the high-res image, then zoom in, you can see that the same chrome trim is still present on the Mazda6 and the CX-9, but the CX-5's front grille surround is darker (almost like a black chrome). Chrome trim around the windows looks the same though. Here's a zoomed in version (click on the image for a larger version):

cx5carbon.JPG

A dedicated thread or in general?

In the link you posted, if you scroll to the bottom and click on the high-res image, then zoom in, you can see that the same chrome trim is still present on the Mazda6 and the CX-9, but the CX-5's front grille surround is darker (almost like a black chrome). Chrome trim around the windows looks the same though. Here's a zoomed in version (click on the image for a larger version):

View attachment 226573

The grille though. I like grille on old models better.

Back