2021 Mazda Connect Soft Reset...How?

:
NY
:
2021 CX-5 Sig.
Does anyone know how to soft reset the new 10.25" connect systems? On the old 8" you could hold down mute + back + nav for 10 seconds to reboot the system.

I've had the screen start blank (while still playing music) at least twice since buying in November. Both times, shutting the car off and letting it sit for 30 seconds or so seems to bring it back but a soft reset would be a better solution in my view. The above combination of buttons doesnt seem to work in the new system and I cant find anything in the manual.

If you can find a Service Manual, all the tricks are in it... :)
When I had my '08 CX9, I bought one on eBay (used).
Found all sorts of tricks in it.

Ask the service guy at dealer.
He should know if he wants to tell you.

BTW, do you have a GPS SD card?
A lot of times, bad contacts on that card cause the MID to freeze up.
If yes, try to clean the contacts.

Upvote 0
Neither combination works on the 10.25" connect system. Anybody else run into a similar issue and find out the reset combo?
I believe you should record a video with blank screen while the music is playing, and take your 2021 CX-5 to your Mazda dealer for warranty service. Show your video and find out the soft reset method while you’re there. In any event it’s NOT a good sign having a blank screen randomly on your infotainment system. Once your new car warranty ends, it’d be costly to fix such problem.

Upvote 0
Second that. Off to the dealer to sort it out. Its unacceptable to have this on a new car.

Plus you may be even helping others ..if say Mazda finds an issue/fix which may be having the effect on other cars as well. Or could be a new firmware update, etc.
just an example- The old Mazda6 gen6 cmu had an issue like that. Some of the recent cmu updates supposedly fixed it.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to soft reset the new 10.25" connect systems? On the old 8" you could hold down mute + back + nav for 10 seconds to reboot the system.

I've had the screen start blank (while still playing music) at least twice since buying in November. Both times, shutting the car off and letting it sit for 30 seconds or so seems to bring it back but a soft reset would be a better solution in my view. The above combination of buttons doesnt seem to work in the new system and I cant find anything in the manual.
Press power & music and hold for at least 20 seconds.

Upvote 0

Did you find out about how to soft reset the system? I am having the same issue on a 2021. I got a black screen while music and other stuff are still working in the background. The dealer did a hard reset by disconnecting the battery Terminal. But some of my car settings were erased as well. They said if it happens again I have to make an appointment for service. I asked about a soft reset option but they said there is none!!! Crazy stuff.

Upvote 0
Thanks. It looks like the new info system has no simple reset option which seems crazy. Nothing in the manual and no one, even the dealer, has a solution. How do you update the fw? Do you Have to go the dealer or can you do it yourself?

Upvote 0
Dealer is your best bet. But there is info here and if you are tech savvy the OP should be able to help you out.

On a side note I also experienced the issue. I think it had something to do with plugging in my phone when I started the car but had it in accessory mode. Same let it sit for 30 seconds in off fixed the issue for me as well.

Upvote 0
Interesting. It happened to me also after the system autoshut off on accessory mode after 15mn Or so. The screen went black after the next ignition.
I’ll ask the dealer next time.

Upvote 0
Back