2021 Infotainment complaint - Sirius inhibited from steering wheel button changer

Has anyone complained to Mazda about inhibiting Sirius from being station changed from the steering wheel button. This drives me nuts when driving and it's so distracting to change Sirius favorites by the console toggle knob and looking at the screen while driving. Love driving the CX5 and the safety features but this "upgrade" seems counter productive to safety and it's not fun. If I would have known this I never would have traded up to the 2021.

You can change the Sirius channels by voice command!! Must know the Sirius channel number for it to work.

Sirius (& all) channel surfing is half-baked. I hope they fix it soon. Other than better apple/android car play, the 'new' infotainment disappoints me and is still behind most other auto makers.

I noticed if I'm listening to 'Mazda' audio/radio, it sometimes cuts off the audio when I switch to/enable apple car play.

I also wish when I hit the favorites button, it would default to where I am/left off, not always going to the beginning of the list.

Also, what does the 'Linear' audio option do? I hear no difference.

You can change the Sirius channels by voice command!! Must know the Sirius channel number for it to work.
I just tried that. It takes 20 seconds per channel change so I can surf 3 channels per minute. There are pause delays. Also it is not going to happen to memorize 100 different favorite channels or look at a printed list number while driving. Thanks for info though!

Sirius (& all) channel surfing is half-baked. I hope they fix it soon. Other than better apple/android car play, the 'new' infotainment disappoints me and is still behind most other auto makers.

I noticed if I'm listening to 'Mazda' audio/radio, it sometimes cuts off the audio when I switch to/enable apple car play.

I also wish when I hit the favorites button, it would default to where I am/left off, not always going to the beginning of the list.

Also, what does the 'Linear' audio option do? I hear no difference.
It shuts off when I enable apple car play also. The whole system seems very user unfriendly and slow. I noticed that too about favorites default to 01 every time and not where you left off. It didn't do that on the 2020 and earlier, must be part of the "upgrade". I am going to complain to Mazda because it all could be fixed with an upgrade and there is absolutely no reason why they can let FM/AM stations be surfed easily but inhibit Sirius from the same button function.

Back