2021 CX5 Proximity key?

I took a CX5 Carbon Edition for a spin today. Not too shabby. I completely forgot about one thing though. My 2015 Mazda3 had the proximity key where it locks and unlocks when I get close to the car or walk away. Do the new CX5s have that?

I have the CE also and this feature is buried in the setup menus of the car.... forget exactly where. I tried it for a few days and then turned it off; just found it more convenient to control the locking/unlocking manually, especially in my own garage.

- Mark

I have the CE also and this feature is buried in the setup menus of the car.... forget exactly where. I tried it for a few days and then turned it off; just found it more convenient to control the locking/unlocking manually, especially in my own garage.

- Mark
Thanks. I think my '15 had it enabled from the dealership and I never turned it off. I got kind of used to it and it did keep me from forgetting to lock up lol

Unlocks on its own when you get close to the car ??? naaah hardly

It's been a while since I've had that car. Maybe it only locked automatically when you walked away and you still had to push the little round button on the door handle to unlock it.

Reactions: BWJ
Back