2021 CX-9 Radio/XM - How to change the present/channels?

:
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT
When listening to FM or XM, I can't advance up or down on the presets with the Steering Wheel buttons (>>) or (<<). When in FM, all I get is a beep with no action. When in XM, the (<<) rewinds the current songs to a previous point; (>>) fwds to the live version of the current song.

No issues with BT media (Android or iphone)

When listening to FM or XM, I can't advance up or down on the presets with the Steering Wheel buttons (>>) or (<<). When in FM, all I get is a beep with no action. When in XM, the (<<) rewinds the current songs to a previous point; (>>) fwds to the live version of the current song.

No issues with BT media (Android or iphone)
You need to first save stations to your favorites then you can scroll through those.

In my ‘21 CX-5, I also cannot change Sirius favorites with the steering wheel controls. It works for FM, just not for Sirius. I asked the dealer about it and checked with District and Regional reps who sais “... at this time that function is not available thru the steering wheel but didn’t rule out the possibility the system could be updated at some point in time.”
☹️

In my 2019 CX-9 GT most of my favorites are Sirius channels but I do have a couple of local FM stations saved too. I can scroll through the stations with my steering wheel control but often experience trouble when the radio tries to go from an FM station to a Sirius channel and it takes a few attempts to get it to switch to the next station. Not sure why it does this- kind of annoying but not what you're experiencing.

In my ‘21 CX-5, I also cannot change Sirius favorites with the steering wheel controls. It works for FM, just not for Sirius. I asked the dealer about it and checked with District and Regional reps who sais “... at this time that function is not available thru the steering wheel but didn’t rule out the possibility the system could be updated at some point in time.”
Thanks - I was about to post in the CX-5 forum for those with the latest Gen entertainment system. i guess this is a new feature and not a "bug"...

Back