2021 CX-9 GT - Missing aux jack?

Hi folks. I was searching everywhere for the AUX jack and could not locate it. I found pictures online and it seems to be in center consule near the 2 usb plugs but mine isn't there. I checked the owners manual and found nothing but my window sticker does list AUX connection on it. My menu for entertainment on the screen doesn't list AUX though only 2 USBs.

Anyone know where it may be? Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I think these cars no longer come with AUX jacks. I think it was a cost-cutting measure driven by the fact that connecting via bluetooth or USB is much more commonplace than it used to be.

That said, if you have a device that only has an AUX cord, you may be able to buy a bluetooth transmitter to connect to your device. The car would pair with the transmitter, then audio played on the device would be streamed over the bluetooth connection.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I will look into that for sure.

What has be puzzled is my window sticker says AUX input on it....wonder if Mazda just forgot to take that out. Maybe if I push it I can get some accessories credit lol.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I will look into that for sure.

What has be puzzled is my window sticker says AUX input on it....wonder if Mazda just forgot to take that out. Maybe if I push it I can get some accessories credit lol.

It never hurts to ask!

Upvote 0
My 2021 sport window sticker says aux jack too, but there isn't one there. Also, you can get an adapter for USB to Aux. I am having to do that to install my SiriusXM radio as my car also didn't come with that either.

Upvote 0
... Also, you can get an adapter for USB to Aux. I am having to do that to install my SiriusXM radio as my car also didn't come with that either.
I'm pretty sure that won't work, as the USB port in the vehicle is all digital. You'll be inputting an analog signal, unless I'm missing something.

Upvote 0
Your SiriusXM radio might have a transmitter so you can tune the car FM to listen. I bought a USB cord for mine but it only supplies current for the XM.

Upvote 0
Got it installed, but the adapter didn't work. Showed up as "unauthorized" on the screen, though it was recognized. So it was recognized, but not allowed, which doesn't make much sense. I was told to get one to hook up my radio. So I may not have the right kind or it only works on some Mazdas,. I've got it set up with bluetooth, but that can get hinky, so I was really hoping for a hardwire option.

Upvote 0
That is a lot of work to get satellite radio. Do you live in an area with very bad cell network? Otherwise I believe nowadays you can stream xm radio channels through your phone ( it comes with the xm subscription). I don’t know for sure but they probably have an apple carplay and android auto compatible app as well.

Upvote 0
It only took a few minutes to hook it up and is working well right now and the sound quality is fine. I do have the app and android auto (which I don't like). The streaming will suck my phone battery dry on any long drive, or if I leave it plugged into the car charger, the phone gets quite hot. I live in a place with long distances of nothing, so you can not have a signal for a long stretch, which I have found to be true on road trips too.

Upvote 0
Hi there. You used the 3.5mm to USB adapter?
It only took a few minutes to hook it up and is working well right now and the sound quality is fine. I do have the app and android auto (which I don't like). The streaming will suck my phone battery dry on any long drive, or if I leave it plugged into the car charger, the phone gets quite hot. I live in a place with long distances of nothing, so you can not have a signal for a long stretch, which I have found to be true on road trips too.

Upvote 0
Back