2021 CX-9 Changes

Long time since posting on the forum but just traded in my white 2019 3 hatch with the Premium trim for the 2021 Carbon edition CX-9 and it's been two days and it's a beautiful piece of workmanship.

Captains chairs second row? GT?

So I checked on the mazda website and can't seem to find the answer there either, all the GTs aroun me look to have captains chairs in the second row, is that now standard?

Having dogs, I was hoping to still get a bench. I bought another car after my 9 was totaled a bit ago and thinking of going back, not really pleased with my replacement, I should have stuck with Mazda :)

Thanks!

Captains chairs second row? GT?

So I checked on the mazda website and can't seem to find the answer there either, all the GTs aroun me look to have captains chairs in the second row, is that now standard?

Having dogs, I was hoping to still get a bench. I bought another car after my 9 was totaled a bit ago and thinking of going back, not really pleased with my replacement, I should have stuck with Mazda :)

Thanks!

I believe captain's chairs are only standard on the Signature trim. GT and lower have the option of captain's chairs or bench seat. When I go to the mazdausa.com builder, it lists (under trim options):
  • 2nd-row 60/40 bench seat with power tilt-and-slide 3rd-row access
Then, after choosing your colour, it presents the free option for 2nd row captain's chairs.

It seems that your local dealers may just be getting GTs with the free captain's chairs option installed instead of the standard bench seat. Your dealer should be able to bring in a GT with the bench seat if they don't have any on their lot.

What did you end up replacing your previous CX-9 with?

We were able to get a GT with a bench seat in the color (white) we wanted. The dealer told us there were only 2 in their swap area and located one at another dealer 170 miles away. So it can be done.
Poppy D

Latest posts

Back