2021 CX-9 CE Infotainment Monitor gets hot...Any solutions?

Hey all. I recently moved to southern Ga and it gets pretty hot and sunny here. I've noticed that my Infotainment monitor has gone black and then comes back on shortly after. It doesn't shut off the sound or anything, just the monitor. Each time it has happened I've noticed that the back of the monitor is super hot. Has anyone had this issue? What did you do to fix it or do you know of some sort of protective cover I can use to help it from getting so hot? Thanks.

Take it to the dealer and have them diagnose/troubleshoot. It's one of the benefits of buying new with factory warranty.

I agree that it definitely sounds abnormal. Possibly a defective unit. It could also be a software bug that a firmware update may fix.

Upvote 0
Hey all. I recently moved to southern Ga and it gets pretty hot and sunny here. I've noticed that my Infotainment monitor has gone black and then comes back on shortly after. It doesn't shut off the sound or anything, just the monitor. Each time it has happened I've noticed that the back of the monitor is super hot. Has anyone had this issue? What did you do to fix it or do you know of some sort of protective cover I can use to help it from getting so hot? Thanks.
Try having a clear tint installed on the windshield. It'll cut down on the heat and will actually benefit your dashboard, seats, and helps the AC cool down the interior quicker. I've had it installed in our former 2010 CX-9 GT and our current 2019 CX-9 Signature. It helps a lot. Also, if you leave the vehicle outside, a Mazda windshield sunscreen helps (part 0000-8M-N03A):
5567ec46c37a69e4bc0ec0b533b433c7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try having a clear tint installed on the windshield. It'll cut down on the heat and will actually benefit your dashboard, seats, and helps the AC cool down the interior quicker. I've had it installed in our former 2010 CX-9 GT and our current 2019 CX-9 Signature. It helps a lot. Also, if you leave the vehicle outside, a Mazda windshield sunscreen helps (part 0000-8M-N03A):
5567ec46c37a69e4bc0ec0b533b433c7.jpg
That is some good info. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Back