2021 CX-5 GTR - After 1 week/500 miles

Davidiot

Ballistic Reentry Vehicle
:
2020 CX-5 GT PP
Option cringe) Going in reverse, using the backup camera, the system senses/can sense vehicles about to pass by in the rear and will indicate on the screen from where and give alert beep...if the system can do that then it should also incorporate/be able to be used as parking sensors with distance beeping...All those safety feature and parking radar is an option unless you buy a Signature??
The rear cross-traffic warning system uses the radar sensors in the side mirrors that primarily perform the blind-spot detection function.

The rear parking obstacle detection uses a different set of sensors in the rear bumper — so they need to be installed, and they are only factory installed on the Signature (for model year 2020).

The sensors on your side mirrors cannot see behind your bumper.

Considering my car already has a wide-angle rear-view camera, I think a rear parking warning would be unnecessarily redundant. Given the choice, I would rather a *front* parking warning since I can’t see below the hood.

:
Occupied Calif.
:
2019 CX 5 GT-R
STOP sign recognition though is garbage. By the time my car recognizes the sign and displays it, I’m already coming to a stop or have blown through it.
The stop sign recognition feature as well as the speed limit feature on my 2019 GT-R work very, very well. But I don't depend upon them to make my driving decisions.
Just how many stop signs are you blowing through ?

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
The rear cross-traffic warning system uses the radar sensors in the side mirrors that primarily perform the blind-spot detection function.

The rear parking obstacle detection uses a different set of sensors in the rear bumper — so they need to be installed, and they are only factory installed on the Signature (for model year 2020).

The sensors on your side mirrors cannot see behind your bumper.

Considering my car already has a wide-angle rear-view camera, I think a rear parking warning would be unnecessarily redundant. Given the choice, I would rather a *front* parking warning since I can’t see below the hood.

Both sets of sensors are actually located in the rear bumper. There are no sensors in the side mirrors, but the RCTA system does use the BSM indicators in the side mirrors as well as the infotainment display to alert the driver. Note the detection field in the image below:

technology_active-safety_bsm_2nd-row_img_1601.ts.1602150246027170.jpg

:
Ontario, Canada
:
‘17 CX-5 GT
I have a 2018 GT with preferred, so similar features.

I overcame 2 of those concerns.

1: polarized lenses vs. HUD. I find the HUD indispensible, one of the best features of the car. But I also really liked my Smith Optics sunglasses. Turns out this place in Australia will ship -worldwide- replacement lenses based on make/model. I paid something like $30 or $35 for some non-polarized lenses that fit my frames. https://www.thesunglassfix.com.au/custom-cut-lenses-outside-australia

2: Rear seat fold/down. I bought Japanese Domestic Market headrests which are lower profile but the same leather and stitching as the original. These are a few inches shorter when stowed and allow the seats to drop all the way without removing them. It was about $170 delivered for the pair: JAPANPARTS.COM
HEADREST K157-88-240 02
Item# 479-100-008
I agree, I find the HUD a very nice feature. However, I wear polarized Raybans and have absolutely zero issues with brightness and visibility of the HUD. In fact, I have mine turned almost all the way down on the brightness scale, otherwise it's too distracting. Perhaps the OP hasn't realized there is auto dimming and manual brightness controls and his is set at the minimum....?

BWJ

:
CX5 Optimum 2020
If you do these settings, it keeps the track.

Attachments

• lane keep assist.PNG
    lane keep assist.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 77
:
Ontario, Canada
:
‘17 CX-5 GT
"Forward collision detection - When you are behind someone, and they go to turn, lets say right into a parking lot and slow down, even though I know I have control and not going to clip them and already hitting the brakes, the system flashes BRAKE on the hud and beeps...somewhat annoying"

This feature (SBS/SCBS) can be adjusted for sensitivity and volume, as well as disabled entirely (although I *think* it also reactivates next time the vehicle is started). However, if you turn down the sensitivity and volume it will be far less obtrusive.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
I agree, I find the HUD a very nice feature. However, I wear polarized Raybans and have absolutely zero issues with brightness and visibility of the HUD. In fact, I have mine turned almost all the way down on the brightness scale, otherwise it's too distracting. Perhaps the OP hasn't realized there is auto dimming and manual brightness controls and his is set at the minimum....?
Interesting. I have Maui Jim polarizing and have to have the HUD set on its highest position to see it during the day. Switching to my non-polarized glasses on cloudy days or at night makes the same settings very bright.