2021 CX-5 GT Reserve...Only some Contacts Import

Brand new CX-5...My iPhone 12 has 404 contacts, but only 61 load and the screen says 404 loaded when I update contacts. This is both in bluetooth or when connected via cable. Any ideas?

Solution
Turns out Mazda Connect only imports phone contacts with phone numbers. Contacts that only have email and/or physical addresses are ignored. CarPlay does list them all however. This after my enlightened Mazda salesman told me he found on the web (???) that only a maximum of 50 contacts could be imported.
Sorry this likely doesn't help you but might help others who see this title or search in the future. For those using a Samsung with Work/Personal side, your organization may block contacts from the Work side.

My vehicle only imports the contacts from the personal side of the phone (there are two "Contacts apps", one on each side and one that syncs with the work environment which doesn't load in).

Upvote 0
Turns out Mazda Connect only imports phone contacts with phone numbers. Contacts that only have email and/or physical addresses are ignored. CarPlay does list them all however. This after my enlightened Mazda salesman told me he found on the web (???) that only a maximum of 50 contacts could be imported.

Upvote 0
Solution
turns out Mazda Connect only imports phone contacts with phone numbers. Contacts that only have email and/or physical addresses are ignored. CarPlay does list them all however. This after my enlightened Mazda salesman told me he found on the web (???) that only a maximum of 50 contacts could be imported.
Did you ask him how come if you can only import 50 you got 61?

Upvote 0
Nah, not worth asking, he probably just misinterpreted what he saw on the web...But I went through my phone and thinned out all the contacts 1) that I did not recognize 2) that I haven't contacted in more than a year 3) added current phone numbers to all the rest that I wanted to retain. Powered up the car and bluetooth, I now have 152 contacts imported correctly.

Upvote 0
Back