2021 CX-5 Connected Services remote start

individual tire pressure is supposed to come in a later software update

Honestly, that would be great. I like the app so far. Today, I am going mountainbiking and the parking area is a dead zone. Zero bars. Will see if I can get any vehicle information when I get to an area that has signal (on my bike).

Yes, it’s like 10 minutes.

To the other posts...

Annoying? Yes, kind of. I had the same auto-off thing on my Subaru (but that was remote from the FOB). On one hand it’s nice to just get in and drive off, but on the other it makes sense from a theft prevention point of view. It doesn’t really bother me since my Subie already annoyed me with the auto off thing. I’d like to be able to have it activate the rear defrost or seat heaters, but unlike the Subaru it’s nice for my neighbors that it doesn’t take a minimum of 3 car beeps to start the car remotely (absurd).

Also there was a comment about push button. I drove an Acura with push button and remote start that was “get in and go”. I think I just had to press the start button once. Terrible car, but nice remote set up (also activated from the phone, also an eventual paid-for service).

And that’s where I get a bit miffed here— this idea that the service becomes a subscription after 3 years. Good luck with that, Mazda. They’ll get exactly $0.00 from me on that.

Love my CX5 with turbo, though. Awesome machine.
You can get the features you describe with EVO-One and if you in Canada you can add mobile app no subscription needed.

meh...I look at it this way, if I wasn't remote starting the car I'd have to start it when I got in anyway, so I don't see this as an issue. On the other side, the car is nicely warmed up (in the winter) when I get in, which is all I'm asking from a remote starter.

meh...I look at it this way, if I wasn't remote starting the car I'd have to start it when I got in anyway, so I don't see this as an issue. On the other side, the car is nicely warmed up (in the winter) when I get in, which is all I'm asking from a remote starter.
I think the issue is that when car started via OEM ( I think currently Mazda offers only app on mobile phone with yearly subscription for remote start) remote start it will shut of by opening the door and then the car has to be restarted again. If the car is not started with OEM remote start you would unlock the car push PTS button and would be ready to go. On aftermarket remote start you can enable "takeover" so you would start the car via remote start then when you get to the car you would unlock/open the door push PTS button one and you good to go, not as annoying and less wear and tear on starter and battery.

Back