2020 Touring has a rattle

I just bought a new 2020 CX-5 Touring with the preferred package about a month ago. We love everything about it so far, but yesterday, my son and I were going over some bumpy downtown streets at about 15 or 20 mph, and we heard this rattle that seems to be coming from the right rear. We were riding with the windows down. I rolled them up, and we couldn't hear it. It was not constant, just when we hit some of the bumps. it sounds like a loose piece of metal that vibrates when you hit a bump. I checked the mounting brackets for the roof rails and they seem secure. I have checked everything that seems like it might be loose. Any suggestions?

Check the spare, make sure it's tightened down properly. Check the jack. Lift the cargo floor up and check down there. Check the antennae, make sure it's tight.
Do a search on this site, previous posts about a rattle from the rear turned out to be the lip on the hatch. Some people found something loose back there but I;m not sure what it was.
Also check the license plate and pull on the exhaust pipes (when they're cool)

but yesterday, my son and I were going over some bumpy downtown streets at about 15 or 20 mph, and we heard this rattle that seems to be coming from the right rear.
Many had found the rattle noise from rear by the bumps is caused by loose rear hatch spoiler, especially when the nuts had fallen down somewhere. But you have a new 2020 CX-5, this shouldn’t be happening. Should be something else.

I checked most of those things. I will definitely check the ones I didn’t. I did a bit more investigation, and I am now certain that it is somewhere around the right rear wheel. Sounds like it is behind it. I got underneath and checked everything I could reach. Nothing seemed loose. I will go to the nearest dealership as soon as I can.

Latest posts

Back