2020 Advanced Keyless Fob - How Do You Change the Battery?

I opened one of my 2020 Touring's advanced keyless fobs to get at the auxiliary key to do a test. I don't see the battery. This is the Type B fob with no buttons on the front, only on the edge.

The aux key sits on a plastic plate that appears fused to the fob frame. The battery must be underneath but I see no way to get to it. The manual is of no help, of course.

Anybody know the trick to this?

The manual will probably say to go to the dealer haha...See if this helps.
Thanks, man. That link has now been filed for future reference.

I guess that was so obvious it didn't require an explanation. The only thing the manual says is how to start the vehicle if the fob battery goes dead.

There must be a recall out there that offers a warning sticker to put on the cover of the manual:

"WARNING: This manual may contain incomplete, self-contradictory or indecipherable information or instructions. Please consult your Mazda dealer or Mazdas247.com."

The manual will probably say to go to the dealer haha...See if this helps.

Thanks so much! I had a terrible time searching for how to do this. I had a CX-5 but my new CX-8 has this type of key fob and wanted to avoid a trip to the dealer and pay for a CR2032 battery as I have a pack of them at home already. One happy Australian here! Stay safe.

Thanks so much! I had a terrible time searching for how to do this. I had a CX-5 but my new CX-8 has this type of key fob and wanted to avoid a trip to the dealer and pay for a CR2032 battery as I have a pack of them at home already. One happy Australian here! Stay safe.
CX-8?

Back