2019 turbo oil change warning

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
Hi ya'll,

The oil change warning message starting going off on my 2019 CX-5 turbo. The car is set to the "flexible" schedule. Wanted to see if this actively monitors oil level, or if it's just based off a set interval. The car was last serviced in February and I've only put on about 1300 miles since then. I'm assuming the mechanic forgot to reset the meter during the oil change, but wanted to make sure this wasn't an active maintenance issue to take care of. The car is only a year old now and has 6800 miles

Thanks!

It might be the combination of time and short trips but I have never found the oil life monitor to be that far off.
I've gone over a year on a little used car and it didn't remind be to change it at the required one year interval.

Hi ya'll,

The oil change warning message starting going off on my 2019 CX-5 turbo. The car is set to the "flexible" schedule. Wanted to see if this actively monitors oil level, or if it's just based off a set interval. The car was last serviced in February and I've only put on about 1300 miles since then. I'm assuming the mechanic forgot to reset the meter during the oil change, but wanted to make sure this wasn't an active maintenance issue to take care of. The car is only a year old now and has 6800 miles

Thanks!
Looks like the tech forgot to reset the Flexible OCI setting in your first oil change. I’d always check the oil life remaining after the oil change by others which should be 7,500 miles right after the reset.

I just shut the OLM feature off on my car. It isn't really monitoring anything about the oil condition, it is not sophisticated enough of a circuit to do that.
I just change the oil every 4900-5100 miles according to the odometer and don't have the stupid warning coming up on my display and annoying me. With a good synthetic oil, I wouldn't even worry about low miles over a long period of time, You could leave the oil in the engine for 2 years and only put a couple thousand miles on the car and not do any damage.

I would first read the owners manual in detail and learn how to properly reset the oil life monitor. I have read that the algorithms used are very good at determining when to change the oil. Just my way of thinking. Ed

There are two separate reminders: gauge cluster and infotainment. Try to reset the cluster.
Yes based on a TSB there’re 2 separate Flexible OCI remainders. But you only need to do the reset in entertainment screen which will reset both. If yours can’t, you need CMU software update.

I would first read the owners manual in detail and learn how to properly reset the oil life monitor. I have read that the algorithms used are very good at determining when to change the oil. Just my way of thinking. Ed
And I can never understand why one doesn’t want to use Flexible setting either. We can always use it as a reference and most likely we will change the oil before we see the oil change notification. And we can always reset it after each oil change and chances are we will never see the oil change notification.

For those who is not critical to change the oil often, you can rely on the oil change notification to change the oil which serves the car owner as a good reminder.

Back