2019 softer suspension alternative?

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature
I'm finding the 2019 very rough on imperfect surfaces. Lots of NVH and I think it could benefit from softer struts or springs. Has anyone seen an alternative?

If NVH is the issue, I think you'd see better results by swapping wheels and tires. If possible, go to the dealership and test drive a base Touring model with the 18" wheels. Those tires have a much taller sidewall and the car does ride softer (at the cost of the "mushy tire" feel when cornering with moderate aggression). At least, that was my experience when I had a loaner with the 18" wheels for a couple of days.

And...be sure the tires of either size have the correct air pressure. The correct cold inflation pressure is shown on the placard on the driver's door jam. The tires are inflated hard for less bounce when lashed down on the car carrier ship. The pressure needs to be corrected during the dealer's pre delivery inspection, and sometimes that's missed.

It should be easy to find someone with the 18s that will swap for your 20s.

I'm running 17 inches right now for the winter on continental vikingcontact 7. Its inflated to it's near minimum psi rating. The ride is still very harsh when going over small road imperfections. My mercedes GLK has upgraded bilstein suspension and it's still not as stiff as the cx-9. There must be a way to make the ride softer without having to change the tires. Nobody makes softer struts and springs?

I'm running 17 inches right now for the winter on continental vikingcontact 7. Its inflated to it's near minimum psi rating. The ride is still very harsh when going over small road imperfections. My mercedes GLK has upgraded bilstein suspension and it's still not as stiff as the cx-9. There must be a way to make the ride softer without having to change the tires. Nobody makes softer struts and springs?

Have you inspected your struts to be sure they aren't damaged or leaking?

For replacement struts, you can check with your local auto parts store and try whatever they have. As far as I know, there are no aftermarket springs that are softer than OEM.

Back