2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR Brakes after 34K miles?

This’s hardly a rule of thumb anymore nowadays. The rear brakes are worn out a lot faster due to the brake distribution system which is designed to use rear brakes a lot more for light braking, hence wear out sooner than the front. This’s also apply to our CX-5, based on all the reports here.

Yep. Personal experience... our 21014's rear brakes wore down to the backing plates and I only noticed after hearing the grinding sounds :( . Stupid me had only been checking the fronts for wear, based on the same assumption as @HardRightEdg has expoused, and fronts were fine.

This’s hardly a rule of thumb anymore nowadays. The rear brakes are worn out a lot faster due to the brake distribution system which is designed to use rear brakes a lot more for light braking, hence wear out sooner than the front. This’s also apply to our CX-5, based on all the reports here.
Well, that would be a first in my experience but I'll take your word for it on my 2020 CX-5 unless I encounter evidence to the contrary. Would FWD vs. AWD or turbo vs. normally aspirated make a difference?

Well, that would be a first in my experience but I'll take your word for it on my 2020 CX-5 unless I encounter evidence to the contrary. Would FWD vs. AWD or turbo vs. normally aspirated make a difference?
Based on reports here, I don’t think so. But we seemed to see more reports here recently about unusually early front and rear brake replacement on 2.5T with AWD which has bigger brakes at front.

Can't speak for the Mazda yet, but I was shocked when my wife's Subaru Crosstrek needed rear pads at 32K miles. The dealer service department said this was normal.

Fronts are still fine at 55K miles, at this rate I'll go thru two sets of rears for each set of fronts.

No feedback on the rotor replacement, but my 2019 GTR just went in for an oil change at just under 30K and they recommended brake fluid flush. The wife had taken it in and she said they showed the fluid as dark and needing replacement so she agreed. $130 for that. Seemed WAY early to me -- the vehicle has not even been in service a full calendar year yet. SMH

On the plus side it seems the dealership is using PY8W-14-302 oil filter (listed on the work order) so that is a plus.
you put 30k on the GTR in less than a year?

Back