2019 Mazda CX-5 GT PP Driver's side mirror vibration

They wouldn't acknowledged it as a common issue. I gave up after driving more than 4 cx5s with different trims. It's annoying but what can we do.

They wouldn't acknowledged it as a common issue. I gave up after driving more than 4 cx5s with different trims. It's annoying but what can we do.

Reading back through this thread it looks like an ongoing problem on a new car and you're in Canada. I'm another with zero mirror vibration problems on either of my cx5 5's (2016.5 touring / 2019 signature).

I saw where you were taking your car to another dealer to investigate the issue. What did they come up with? Same answer I suppose ... Nothing wrong / normal. Odd how if this is normal how come it's only the left mirror?

The 1st dealer said they compared to 2 other new cars on the lot and they were the same. I see you said you drove 4 other cx5's. What did you find? Were the 4 others the same as yours?

As far as getting Mazda to make you happy with your mirror complaint I don't have many suggestions other than taking it deeper ... Complaints, arbitration, whatever consumer boards Canada has, etc.

As for a real world solution to make the mirror physically stop vibrating how bout trying some type of small piece(s) of foam wedged between the edge of the mirror and the housing. I'm thinking of things like packing peanuts, or squishy foam from an electronics box, piece of foam mattress, piece of "pool noodle"

Improvise, overcome and adapt ;)

Also, @Hmade14 (and/or others with mirror vibration issues) could you have someone record a short video of the problem while your driving with the difference between just driving and music bass thumpin' ?

It's not the same type of vibration you get from turning up the base on your radio. For me, vibration of the driver side mirror occurs at speeds over 100 km/h regardless of the road conditions (i noticed this on newly paved highways as well). It basically creates a blurry vision on the mirror making it difficult to see the vehicles.

I can confirm this happening on my new 2021 mazda cx5 grand touring. The service told me the same as you. But I really find this annoying that only driver side mirror vibrates just as you described.

Interesting. 16k miles on my 2019 GT and I have never noticed this issue. It must be a defect in certain cars assemblies. They should just be swapping the mirror out which would likely solve the problem. I would keep complaining about it until they do something.

2019, here. I noticed a "horn-like" sound at around 100ish. It was repeatable every time. I adjusted my passenger mirror ever so slightly, and it went away. It may just be where you have the mirror set that is causing the issue. Airflow be like that.

My 2020 GT has been doing that since the day I took her home! Extremely annoying. I’m attempting to research enough to get inside the housing to possibly tighten any type of loose hardware but no luck so far! Does anyone know how to remove the housing?

My 2020 GT has been doing that since the day I took her home! Extremely annoying. I’m attempting to research enough to get inside the housing to possibly tighten any type of loose hardware but no luck so far! Does anyone know how to remove the housing?

You can start here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...n-signal-installation-side-mirrors.123868612/

Those are instructions for the CX-9 (without auto-folding mirrors or 360 cam) but they should be pretty similar for the CX-5 (also without auto-folding mirrors or 360 cam).

Consider, that it may vibrate the whole mirror assembly, not just the glass.
If I recall, back in the day with the first gen, it was a TSB about this issue, the dealer suppose to install a brace inside the door, to straighten the mirror assembly.
I have a '14 and I still have this issue. I don't even have folding mirrors. I feel your pain.

I have a 2020 KF cx5 made in Japan. I noticed the same problem. It's not so much as vibrating but rather a blurry effect which is super annoying!!

Back