2019 Mazda CX-5 GT PP Driver's side mirror vibration

I bought a Cx-5 couple months ago. Everything seems nice about it except the stupid driver's side mirror which will vibrate when driving highway speed (60 mph and over). It gets even worse if I have the volume up of my radio. I have noticed this problem couple days after I purchased the car. Took it back to the dealership and they told me it's from the mirror assembly they claimed they changed it. However, the problem still persists.
I have talked to mazda corporate and their respond was:

I spoke with James at Walser Polar Mazda service department for more information on your service visit and the side-view mirror vibration concern. James let me know that your vehicle was inspected and had the door partially removed to confirm that there were no loose parts or any other concern that could cause a shaking or vibration. The service team also test drove your CX-5, and then test drove two other brand-new CX-5 models to compare, and found that your CX-5 was operating normally compared to the brand-new models.

Your CX-5 is equipped with auto folding side-view mirrors, which are designed to have enough space in the parts to be able to move freely in and out when folding. This may allow for slight movement in the mirror when driving, which would be considered in line with normal operation. After thorough inspection to your CX-5, we have found that there are no defective or failed/failing parts or components and would consider the vibration you are experiencing to be part of normal operation as per the design.

Interesting.

I have a 2019 Reserve (with folding mirrors) and have not noticed anythi8ng, and I live in the country where most of my roads are 55MPH+.

That's good to know because they are trying to say that this normal since I have the folding mirrors. The passenger doesn't do it. I explained to them everything about this issue but apparently they are trying to get away with this

I have a 2019 signature,no vibration/ shake at any speed including highway 60-75 mph.Ask dealer to drive another on the lot,good luck..

2019 with folding mirrors; no vibration even up to 120MPH.
That begs for details.

Stories like that should always begin with "I have a friend who...", kinda like how I have a friend who says that exceeding the speed limit by 40MPH sounds off a warning, even if you have the "Excessive Speed Warning Warning" sound in the Traffic Sign Recognition system turned off.

That's good to know because they are trying to say that this normal since I have the folding mirrors. The passenger doesn't do it. I explained to them everything about this issue but apparently they are trying to get away with this
This stuff makes me angry.

The response from Mazda Customer Service is equally concerning, although to a degree they have to rely on the dealer's input. But in whose world is vibrating (to any degree) of the side mirror "part of normal operation as per the design"? Do they really want that info to be accepted as Mazda's formal position regarding the highest trim of their most popular model?

I'd take it to another dealer (perhaps as though it's the first visit on the issue), then proceed from there. Don't know what others think. And I don't know if another dealer would pull up your car in their system and see that this is not your first visit on the issue...that would change my approach when I talk to them.

They still did not fix this issue, with the new gen CX5s? The first gen had this issue as well. Mine it is still shaking, after a dealer "fix". Only the driver side.

They still did not fix this issue, with the new gen CX5s? The first gen had this issue as well. Mine it is still shaking, after a dealer "fix". Only the driver side.
Mazda is blaming the mechanics of the folding function (2019+ in the top 2 trims.)

I don’t notice this on my 19 GT-R. Even with my winter wheel setup that never balanced that well(crappy aftermarket wheels?) My empty passenger seat looks like it’s going to vibrate off the floor at times. Did the same thing with the stock tires that I had the dealer replace. So I’ve had and have my share of vibration with this car, but never noticed it in the side mirrors.

I do notice it in the mirrors in the wife’s 16.

That's good to know it's not a common issue. It could be from the tires themselves. When I have the radio up the vibration gets even worse when driving.

Thanks for the input.

I'm curious as to whether the other dealer has access to your records (especially since Mazda Customer Service has been involved) and if that will affect how they approach this issue.

Also experiencing the driver side mirror vibrating (over 100km/h) on my 2019 CX-5 and Mazda Canada says there is nothing which can be done because their field "technical" experts claim all Mazda CX-5 models have the same issue. Not sure what to do now.

Back