2019 GT speed display option

new owner of a used 2019 GT CX-5. I have searched the forum and could not find this question. Is their a way to have the digital speed displayed? Not sure if that makes sense but looking for the actual numeric value of the current speed?

also I’m slight confused on changing the dash options. Is this only accomplished via toggling through using the info button? Does the dimming stalk or anything to the display other then adjust the brightness?

thanks In advance!

I dont believe there is a way to get digital speed readout. If you push and hold the dimmer down, you will get a change in the stats around the speedometer. It toggles between like half circle readout for mpg/avg/remaining fuel.....to a less elegant but more straightforward raw data.

I know of no way to display digital vs analog, except the HUD is digital (if you have it.)

If you pulse the dimming stalk, you change the MPH to KPH (or vice-versa) for that driving session; that is, the next time you start the car, it resets to the Default you have set in the infotainment system. The Default continues to drive other measurements (MPG/KPL)...the stalk only temporarily drives the speedometer units.

If you hold down the dimming stalk, you scroll through the various dash displays (depends on trim.) This includes Miles to Empty and things like that. I believe there are 3 variants. Starts on Page 4-16 of the 2019 CX-5 manual.

Last edited:
Waze with CarPlay will display digital speed on the infotainment screen. I expect it does the same with Android Auto.

Waze with CarPlay will display digital speed on the infotainment screen. I expect it does the same with Android Auto.
THAT'S an interesting work-around for folks who prefer a digital speedometer and who don't have a HUD.

Back