2019 GT-R Surge at Idle

:
2019 CX-5 GT-R
Hi all, First time Long time.

My 2019 GT-R (purchased Nov 2019, about 6500 miles on it now) had a strange surge event while at idle speeds a few weeks ago. I've had it at the dealer shop for 3 weeks and they can't get it to happen again - has this happened to anyone else?

More details: Started at a stop light after about 40 min of driving on a cool day (mid 50s degF) I was nearly home, it happened at all 3 stops before my driveway. No alerts, no beeps, no messages. Surging did not occur while driving at speed, only idle.

After I shut her down and let it sit for a day, it hasn't happened again. I'm lost, hoping others have had this experience and repaired it.

I am guessing the motor is trying to prevent a stall - dealer says no codes and no results from a leak check.

Also, here's a picture of her in the sun - hoping to get her back and cleaned back up soon!

Attachments

• 20200607_115145.jpg
    20200607_115145.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 128
Identical experience, but at lower rpm than 1500. Was tens of thousands of miles ago, never duplicated, I have motored on mentally and emotionally.

Identical experience, but at lower rpm than 1500. Was tens of thousands of miles ago, never duplicated, I have motored on mentally and emotionally.
I'm worried about it emotionally if anything else, I love this car, but appreciate solving the root cause of the problem just a bit more!

Sometimes a perfect storm arises. Dont stress too much. If it does it again, worry then. My .02
You're right. On my 16 Touring at about 900 miles I got all kinds of warning icons on the dash light up and even reported in the Warning screen. The next day the icons were gone and the Warning screen was blank. That was 5 years ago and never had another problem.
Go Figure.

You're right. On my 16 Touring at about 900 miles I got all kinds of warning icons on the dash light up and even reported in the Warning screen. The next day the icons were gone and the Warning screen was blank. That was 5 years ago and never had another problem.
Go Figure.
I had my low tire sensor go off. Got out, shut off the vehicle, checked all 4 tires at 35psi. Got in, it went off, hasn't been back. Sometimes tolerance stacking leads to quirks.

To OP.
Bad gas?
When I had my '98 BMW 540iA. It choked at red light a couple times. The engine shut down completely. I had to restarted it. This was when it had less than 1000 miles. However, it never happened again for the 8 years I owned it after these two incidents.

Update: Finally got my car back this weekend. Dealership couldn't find anything to fix, stated that they were in contact with Mazda Regional, but didn't get much direction as the memory didn't show them much.

No repeat occurrences since I got it back, so hoping it was a fluke and I'll just move on. If it DOES happen, I'll try to video it and post here.

My '17 occasionally does an RPM bump to about 800RPM while sitting at light (it's not A/C cycling). Maybe once a month. It's not dangerous, but it does feel like someone bumped you. No codes or pending codes. Some of those times I've had ForScan doing logging, and didn't notice a throttle position change. So assuming it is some emissions canister purge cycle that causes the RPM to bump up briefly. I haven't paid any attention, but it may be related to how full the gas tank is, the ambient temp and such, which loads up the canister with more fumes. I'll try to pay attention to the conditions next time mine does it.

This was what mine did. Videod to show the dealer. You will note only 38K miles on it. I now have 55K miles and it has never done it again. I press the accelerator to show linear response, with return to rough idle.

Back