2019 Driver’s Seat Fuzz

Our 2019 has had what looks like fibers pushing through the vent holes of the driver’s seat since we purchased the vehicle. I’ve mentioned it to my service manager and not gotten anywhere with resolving the issue yet. Has anyone else had this issue? Please see pics.

84C14EAD-8407-4635-BBC3-8B0987BB1C1E.jpeg

87BE713C-1644-498C-A5EA-490097D0CE7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks alive. I've noticed all kinds of crap gets stuck in the vent holes and they're hard as hell to remove.

Looks to me like leather fibers, possibly from frayed leather when the holes were cut. I'll bet they go away after a while as the seat ages/wears.

Our 2019 has had what looks like fibers pushing through the vent holes of the driver’s seat since we purchased the vehicle. I’ve mentioned it to my service manager and not gotten anywhere with resolving the issue yet. Has anyone else had this issue? Please see pics.

View attachment 227831

View attachment 227830
So you have a 2019 CX-5 either GT-R or Signature with factory ventilated front seats? Keep in mine that the air is being sucked through perforated leather seats from top. It’s possible those fibers are from some one sitting on who wear something with plenty of tiny fibers falling.

So you have a 2019 CX-5 either GT-R or Signature with factory ventilated front seats? Keep in mine that the air is being sucked through perforated leather seats from top. It’s possible those fibers are from some one sitting on who wear something with plenty of tiny fibers falling.

I would agree. It also looks like there is some sort of build up in the holes, and the fibers may be stuck to the build up. I'd try cleaning the seating areas with a very soft brush dipped in a soapy water solution. Gently agitate the area with the damp brush, then wipe dry with a clean towel immediately after.

I wonder if you could use a lint roller, or sticky tape? If not the fibers might still be attached

Back