2019 CX5 SkyPassion

Hi,

I have a question regarding similarities and differences between Mazda CX-5 for European and US markets.
I currently own a 2019 CX-5 SkyPassion and live in Poland.
I am mowing to the US in a few months and debating whether to take the car with me, or sell in Poland (obviously losing money).

Do Mazda CX-5 for European market and US market differ? Would owning European CX-5 in US pose challenges, in terms of spare parts, servicing, etc? What about resell value?

Marcin

I would think that the general parts are the same but I wonder if the new car warrantee would carry over from Poland to the US. I would contact Mazda and get more information. If it was me and there was going to be any serious issues (like with the warrantee) I would sell it before I came over, especially if I was the one paying to have it shipped to the US.

I'm not sure about now, but in the past it has. You'd have to compare yours to model trims we have here. Historically euro cx5s had more options than we could get here in the us.

I was a Honda parts manager for 20 years 1979-1999. A good hunk of the parts didn't interchange even on same models. Plus, no way to look up parts other than USA cars. All my export customers would supply the part numbers or take the chance of getting stuck with them. Things might have change since then. The value will be less here, I agree with CX5Nut sell it over there.

Do they have the same kind of emissions requirements in Poland? I wonder about SMOG testing, which might be required in some parts of the US.

Your car would be subject to import rules and regs. You'd have to go through a real hassle, and extensive costs, to get it certified for use here (search "grey imports").

Better off leaving it over there.

There are importers who specialize in this sort of thing, but it's generally not worth it unless you've got a rare vehicle.

Bare minimum, the speedometer and lights are supposed to be changed, and frequently the mirrors as well for US DOT compliance.

You'll take a hit selling it, but you'll also take a hit on importation, customs, and equipment compliance costs.

Well it depends on the circumstances.. I've seen cars with russian plates driving around Texas. If you are some kinda diplomat you may be exempt.

Back